Please Help

I am trying to run a PS1 or NES emulator on my mac and once I download a Core its not in my load core file. I’ve tried BNES, EMUX, and Nestopia for NES emulators and I have tried Beetle and PCSX for PlayStatione. Can anyone please help me it would be greatly appreciatede.

Go to settings > directory and make sure your ‘core’ directory is somewhere sensible (i.e., user-writeable) and then try again. If that still doesn’t cut it, you can try downloading the cores manually from buildbot.libretro.com and putting them into whatever you’ve set your core directory.

Thanks so much that helped. Now I have another problem is there a way to change how the keyboard is configured? Also, I have no sound

For the audio, go to settings > driver and see if changing the audio driver to anything else helps. I think OSX should be using CoreAudio.

You can change most things either through the settings > input > p1 input binds or settings > input > hotkey binds. You can also change mappings by opening your retroarch.cfg in a text editor.

Hi everyone!

Please, could you help me?

I’m having some big issues trying to load a gamecube game in retroarch. I’ve just installed Retroarch (MacOsx) and I found it very efficient on my system, more than with OpenEmu.

I’ve installed the Dolphin core, and even followed the instructions on this article: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new-core-dolphin-windowslinux-alpha-release/

But still, when I load content (.iso or .gcm files) ReatroArch shuts down with a message of error. Instead, all my previously downloaded N64 roms open and are fully playable.

I’ve also found some problems with my psp roms.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you.

Hi!

If it could help, here I show you the beginning of the error message:

Process: RetroArch [1655] Path: /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/MacOS/RetroArch Identifier: libretro.RetroArch Version: 1.6.0 (1.6.0) Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: ??? [1] Responsible: RetroArch [1655] User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-07-09 17:43:32.297 +0200 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.5 (16F73) Report Version: 12 Anonymous UUID: F23B03EB-050D-8557-8314-499F570C60B5

Time Awake Since Boot: 14000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Video thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000039 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11 Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the dolphin core needs some OpenGL capabilities that aren’t provided by Apple’s drivers. I’ll try to confirm that.

This is correct. As of now, Dolphin, Citra, and most of the newer cores recently do not have any native macOS cores yet.

1 Like