-please help-

so I load up retroarch 1.2 and I go over to my Nintendo ds games and I press A to load it or whatever (yes I use a controller) and it says “no cores available” so I load up the desmume core and I select the file- I’m not gonna walk you through it- and it tries to load it and it crashes please tell me what I need to do.

The ‘no cores available’ thing is likely because it’s not finding your core info files. Make sure your info directory is pointing to the right directory (in settings > directory settings).

We’ll need a log to know what’s causing your crash. Launch from a command prompt with --verbose and it will print the errors to the console.

1. retroarch 1.2?
  2. which file is the core info file- in the directory?

core info files have the same name as a core library, only they end in *.info instead of *.dll. So, you should have something like snes9x-libretro.dll and its info file would be snes9x-libretro.info.

But please get us a log so we can better tell what’s crashing for you.

well now I know why it said “no cores available”, it never saved the info!

how do I “launch from a command prompt?”

The core info files are already made. You have to download them. You can get them from the built-in ‘online updater’.

To launch from a command prompt, go to the folder where RetroArch is located, hold shift and right-click in the folder. The context window will have an option that says ‘open command prompt here.’ When it opens, type: retroarch.exe --verbose

now what do I do?

is it crashing still? if so, print the error here.

Did you ever get the core info files to show up? If not, you can get them from the online updater inside of RetroArch.

I got the info files, but how do I “print the error”

If you’re launching from the command line and it’s crashing, what does it say in the console window? It should be telling you errors about why it’s crashing. Copy and paste it here (or, better yet, somewhere like pastebin and post the link here).

it’s not crashing when I launch it from the command line I’m asking how to in your words “print the error”?

When you launch from the command line with --verbose, it prints status/error messages to that window. I’m saying: if something’s not working correctly, it will generally tell you why, and I’m asking you to copy that information here so I can tell you what it means.

here you go

C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1.2>retroarch.exe --verbose RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build =======================================RetroArch [ INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: AuthenticAMD RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 Built: Jul 4 2015 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.2 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: fea509a RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: AuthenticAMD RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading config from: C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1.2\retr oarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading dynamic libretro core from: “C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\r etroarch1.2\cores\mupen64plus_libretro.dll” RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_VARIABLES. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting save file to “\Mupen64Plus\Mupen64Plus.srm”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting savestate to “\Mupen64Plus\Mupen64Plus.state”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ GET_LOG_INTERFACE. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ GET_PERF_INTERFACE. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: XRGB8888. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ GET_RUMBLE_INTERFACE. RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: AuthenticAMD RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: AuthenticAMD RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 RetroArch [INFO] :: libretro core requires content, but nothing was provided. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SYSTEM_DIRECTORY: “C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1. 2\system”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SYSTEM_DIRECTORY: “C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1. 2\system”. RetroArch [libretro INFO] :: :: mupen64plus: ROM Database: C:\Users\Boys\Deskto p\retroarch1.2\system/mupen64plus.ini RetroArch [libretro INFO] :: :: mupen64plus: Unable to open rom database file ’ C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1.2\system/mupen64plus.ini’. RetroArch [libretro INFO] :: :: EmuThread: M64CMD_ROM_OPEN RetroArch [libretro ERROR] :: :: mupen64plus: Failed to load ROM RetroArch [libretro ERROR] :: :: Running Dead N64 Emulator C:\Users\Boys\Desktop\retroarch1.2>

Please don’t post another thread just pointing to this one. It’s better if you just make another ‘bump’ post (though that’s not all that great, either). I deleted the other thread.

Your log doesn’t say much, other than that it failed to load the ROM, which sounds like it could be a problem with your ROM. I didn’t see that listed in the log. Which game is it?

the games are donkey kong 64 metroid prime hunters mario and luigi bowsers inside story and mario and luigi partners in time, also I was getting really freaking desperate

Donkey Kong 64 aside, those are all DS games, so they’re not going to work with mupen64plus-libretro. If you’re trying to load them with the desmume-libretro core, post some logs for them and I’ll take a look.

Can you try some other 64 games? Mario64 or OoT, maybe, since those are common known-goods?

would majora’s mask work? and for DeSmeME it says:

Microphone successfully inited DeSmuME 0.9.11 svn0 x86-JIT NOSSE Attempting change to 3d core to: SoftRasterizer SoftRast Initialized with cores=1

ROM came codo: AMHP ROM serial: NTR-AMHP-EUR ROM chipID: 00003fc2 ROM internal name MP HUNTERS ROM developer: Nintendo

Slot1 auto selected device type: Retail MC+ROMSlot2 auto selected device type: None (0xFF) CPU mode: mode JIT JIT: max block size 100 instruction(s) Already decrypted

MM should at least load, but it’s known to be hard-to-emulate.

Ok, nothing abnormal in what you posted for MP Hunters. Is that where the log ends?

yeah though when windows searched for a solution to it going non-respondent it showed an option to debug it