Please test your playlists

I got this bug that still seems to be unconfirmed on Github that annoys me.

If you’re using playlists, usually in XMB by scrolling left-right at the starting screen, try to open those lists in a different way:

Go to “Load content” -> “Select from Collection” -> open your .lpl playlist

Scroll a bit (sometimes the bug triggers far in the list) and try to launch an item: is it launching the good one?

Some playlists are launching the wrong rom for me with this method, while the same playlists do work in XMB “left-right start menu”. I’d like to use playlists in GLUI for which there’s only one method… I’m on Windows 7 x64.

I could reproduce this only with a NES playlist. When using the select from collection method XMB displays a list with A-Z sorted game names (e.g. Legend of Zelda …). But the order of roms that actually gets launched seems to be sorted Z-A based on rom file names e.g. zelda.nes would be launched by Baseball or some other game near the top of the displayed list.

Edit: I checked the NES playlist in notepad and it was sorted in reverse (zelda on top). Deleted it and made a new through the add content menu. The new file is correctly sorted and works correctly also when launching games through the “select from collection” method. Weird, I wonder what caused the first list to have the wrong sort order. Anyway if I edit the playlist file and move the top game to the bottom and restart and do “select from collection” again the error is reproduced.

Thanks that’s a nice catch!

Indeed I have several playlists that are in reversed alphabetical order. Reversing the order, to make it alphabetical, fix the problem: the right rom is launched.

Don’t know why it happens, or why it matters as the rom name is also followed by its complete path…

Another playlist which is in good order has the problem still. One NEC PC-Engine playlist had an entry for Pac-Land MAME…?