Poor performance. What are system req for RetroArch?

Hello. I installed retroarch from testing ppa. Everything is fine except I have poor performance when emulating psx and n64. No matter what core, settings (tried every plugin for mupen64plus) I have ~30-40 fps.

Linux Mint 17.1 Xfce 64-bit. Ati drivers installed and working correctly. Hardware: AMD HD 6670 1GB, AMD A8-3870K 4cores @ 3.0 GHz, 8 gig of ram.

I suspect your CPU just doesn’t have the single-threaded performance required for mednafen-psx, unfortunately. For mupen, make sure you have the dynarec enabled in the core options.

Is there a difference between mednafen psx libretro core and original mednafen? Installed latest mednafen and it runs psx games fine.

No, there shouldn’t be any major difference, so if standalone gets full speed, so should the libretro core. How about other cores, like nestopia?

Nestopia - full speed with shaders Neo Geo - full speed with shaders

Didn’t checked snes yet.

EDIT: Found out what the problem was. Ati drivers on linux has this weird “Tear Free Desktop” option in the panel. This thing is mandatory to get rid of screen tearing. But it also forces vsync to everything. Setting vsync to off in retroarch didn’t fix the problem. But disabling vsync in amdcccle (without turning off this tear free option - how is this thing working without vsync anyway?) fixed the issue. Now N64 and Psx emulation runs fine.

Ok, yeah, driver control panel stuff can definitely cause issues. Glad you got it worked out :slight_smile: