Port to Vita?

There’s a PSP2SDK available now!

https://github.com/psp2sdk/psp2sdk/tree/cmake

Does any of the PSP work translate over, or would a retroarch port require a complete restart?

[QUOTE=Doctor Goat;26333]There’s a PSP2SDK available now!

https://github.com/psp2sdk/psp2sdk/tree/cmake

Does any of the PSP work translate over, or would a retroarch port require a complete restart?[/QUOTE]

A complete restart most like.

I have expressed interest in doing one, unfortunately I don’t have a Vita and it doesn’t seem like anybody is going to want to send one over too, so outside of some other outside guy taking up the baton, it doesn’t seem like there is going to be much action unless somebody wants to help me out.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;26340]A complete restart most like.

I have expressed interest in doing one, unfortunately I don’t have a Vita and it doesn’t seem like anybody is going to want to send one over too, so outside of some other outside guy taking up the baton, it doesn’t seem like there is going to be much action unless somebody wants to help me out.[/QUOTE]

Well us at psx-place.com would be willing to donate a PlayStation TV (Which should help Vita development???) . If you are interested… (unrelated to this topic, but any progress or details on the PS3 port?)

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;26340]A complete restart most like.

I have expressed interest in doing one, unfortunately I don’t have a Vita and it doesn’t seem like anybody is going to want to send one over too, so outside of some other outside guy taking up the baton, it doesn’t seem like there is going to be much action unless somebody wants to help me out.[/QUOTE]

Sony’s bumped this down to $20. It’s pretty much just the Vita hardware without a screen or portability.

Twinaphex just got his hands on a PS-TV (thanks guys!) and is jailbreaking it as I type this, so hopefully there will be some action happening very soon.

Not a problem at all was a pleasure. Hope it helps the community

It’s actually coming along very quickly. He got it jailbroken just fine and now he and xerpi are making excellent progress with the port. I hear the CPU is locked at 444 mHz, but dynarecs work, so lots of cores should be possible.

EDIT: still early days, but looking good so far!

Wow that’s crazy. Does it requires a old firmware to be installed?

Not sure. It’s very preliminary right now, and every little thing is a huge hassle. I would recommend you stop updating your firmware now, though, and wait for an easy, end-user-accessible jailbreak. With PSTVs available for as low as like $20 these days, this could become a very attractive port :slight_smile:

another shot from xerpi :smiley:

Oh man… that is just fantastic. The Vita is the perfect portable emulator! Can’t wait to play Super Metroid on it!!!

[QUOTE=pralima87;27696]Oh man… that is just fantastic. The Vita is the perfect portable emulator! Can’t wait to play Super Metroid on it!!![/QUOTE]

You already can using the PSP VM! It’s a really good system for it.

I’m really proud of the Vita scene for how fast homebrew’s developing. The 3DS is really sad in comparison, homebrewwise.

Nice to see the progress keep up the great work… Thank You and very much appreciated :slight_smile:

The dynarec support has me a bit excited. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Doctor Goat;27701]You already can using the PSP VM! It’s a really good system for it.

I’m really proud of the Vita scene for how fast homebrew’s developing. The 3DS is really sad in comparison, homebrewwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like a lot of Projects just died. Only ones that are still alive and breathing is CitraGB, GameYob, PrBoom3DS and BlargSNES. Not to mention, most of the Homebrew got left in .3dsx and have no .cia to be able to Install them without the need for Homebrew Loader which is kind of hard to run at times. There is a Virtual Boy Emulator in the works, but due to the Dev’s Schooling which understandably is more important, will be a while. Would love to see RetroArch on the Vita which would bring a LOT to the table. Could possibly have a N64, MAME, PSX, and a good amount of others. Just suggest if possible, see about using GZDoom since it can run more impressive Mods like Brutal Doom, and that one can be able to make Doom a more Modern type FPS.