Portability and relative filenames

Hello,

I run RetroArch 1.2 from a flash drive, so I was wondering if there was any way to set filenames to be relative rather than absolute. My setup is that I have games in F:\Games and RetroArch in F:\RetroArch, but sometimes the drive letter changes.

I figured out that I can do

rgui_browser_directory = ":\..\Games"

but this doesn’t help for stuff like scanning content (which gives each game an absolute filename, including drive letter).

Is there any way to use relative filenames for everything, or does RetroArch have some kind of “portable mode”?

Try:

rgui_browser_directory = "..\Games"

I use a relative path too, and all my playlist files are using relative paths after scanning directories when I look at them in a text editor.

Hi, Im getting only absolute paths for playlists, after scanning, and I hate that. Any hint on making them portable ?

Thanks

I’m not sure if it’s possible now without manually editing your playlist files. Using find and replace in Notepad++ to change all instances of the full paths to relative paths might work.

Thanks for answering, yes I would use Notepad++, but I need to know the syntax, how do your playlists roms/cores entries look like ? I tried to replace d:\retroarch\content\romxxx to :\content\romxxx and it doesnt work…

I would like to know this too. What is the relative path to go up a level?

“…” goes up a level. For example, my RetroArch directory is Emulation\Emulators\RetroArch, while my Games one is Emulation\Games. So I use:

rgui_browser_directory = “…\Games”

That goes up two levels, then into the Games directory.

Just wanted to inform you that “…\Games” is wrong. The correct one is “…\Games”.

EDIT: Ok, now I see how this happened, the forum software edited that out for you. I’ll try again. It’s: “…\ …\Games” without the space.