POWER A MOGA Hero Power controller won't bind buttons in Android RetroArch. Help?

I have a POWER A MOGA Hero Power controller running in Mode B paired with my AT&T LG G4 Android phone running Marshmellow and the latest RetroArch from the Play store. My device is stock (meaning not rooted) and I am running the official Moga Pivot app.

I know the controller works because (thanks to a tip from another redditor) Minecraft PE works. Also, when I go into RetroArch > Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds, I see “Moga 2 HID (#1)” under “User 1 Device Index”.

However, when I select any of the actual buttons to try to bind them to buttons on the controller, RetroArch does not respond to my button presses. What should I do to fix this!?

P.S. the free Snes9x EX+ emulator on Google Play works with the controller. So does GTA3 and Sonic CD from Humble Bundle. So this is clearly a RetroArch problem I think.

My goal is to use my Google Cardboard headset to try playing VirtualBoy games like I read online that somebody was doing

Try using the latest retroarch nightly.

[QUOTE=talos91;38921]Try using the latest retroarch nightly.[/QUOTE]That seems to work … at least at first. After loading a game, if I go back into the menus, that seems to break the controls. Pressing down takes you to the first menu item instead of the up and down scrolling you through the menus after the first time a core is loaded. Have to quit RetroArch and start it again to make that stop happening.

Try disabling autoconfig and select bind all to bind your controller anyway you want

The autoconfig works in-game. It’s the menus that have problems

I managed to get VirtualBoy games working with Google Cardboard just now :smiley:

I know but maybe the autoconfig is breaking the controls in menus, try disabling it and map the controller manually. Also vrboy games using googlecardboard sounds awesome, please upload a video if you can.