PPSSPP internal Resolution / Output resolution small window?

Using 1.0.1git chaning the internal resolution has 0 effect on the in game graphics, adjusting the Output Resolution will result in a tiny window showing up instead of the game, but does seem to effect the graphics internal res 1920/1088 output res unchanged

Output Res 1920/1088

any idea how to fix this or what im doing wrong?

are you restarting the core after changing those options? that sort of thing frequently requires a re-init.

thanks, i feel like an idiot lol, was hitting restart on the quick menu

no worries! it’s an easy mistake to make :slight_smile:

Hi, I tried both raising the internal resolution and the output resolution but when I restart the game still looks the same and it does not look more HD. What am I doing wrong? :sweat_smile:

Have you tried setting the options and then choosing “close content”, then go back and load the game again? You have to close out of the core completely for those options to take effect.

Yes, i tried and i tried to exit retroarch and opening it up again and even my whole PC :sweat_smile:

I changed both internal and external to 1920x1088, but there was no change

Never mind I got it. I was using a title screen/cutscene as reference all the time and that didn’t change, but when I got in-game it was way better. Thanks anyway (again).

1 Like

So it was something as simple as closing content lol. Been trying to figure that out last week and then brushed it off for another time. With this information I now have the HD look and can now save games properly which makes this core basically work just like the stand alone version now. Thanks. btw for those having trouble saving check this thread out, might help you out

1 Like

Whats the difference between internal and output resolution?

I figured changing intenal resolution doesnt make a difference, only output resolution.

Does the paramter this specify how its upscladed ?

Internal resolution is the resolution that the core renders things at, while output resolution is the size of the image that gets handed off to RetroArch at the end.

Typically, you would want output resolution to be at or larger than your display’s resolution (unless you’re wanting to use a shader that expects a specific resolution; for example, CRT shaders look best at ~320x240), while you can make the internal resolution as big as you want and the larger you make it, the less jagged the line edges will be (with diminishing returns beyond a certain threshold).

1 Like