PPSSPP issue

Hi folks, new to the forum so go gently.

I have spent all this week setting up RA to play my console games. All has been going fine up until I attempted the PPSSPP emulator and keep getting the 'Failed to load ui_atlas.zim error message. After trawling the net and trying various ways to get it working its still bugging out on me. As today is my last day of holidays before back to work, I thought I would sign up and ask on here in the hope I can finally sort it with your help.

I am running RA 1.2.2 and downloaded the core which is showing in the core folder as remotejoy_liberto

I have read that I need to put the standalone PPSSPP v1.1.1 emulators assets and flasho folders under retroarch\system\ppsspp but I am still getting the error.

I also just downloaded the nightly RA exe file and now it just shuts down RA when trying to load the core, so clearly I am doing something wrong. Either the wrong core file or the assets and flash0 folders of 1.1.1 are creating errors. I am also using launchbox and have added the remotejoy_liberto core to the relevant PSP default line command parameters

So, can anyone help, please?

Try using the assets from here instead:

Ok, how do i download them?

Never mind, sorted it

Ok, I’ve done that and still no joy. Ive redownloaded RA and that now has the ppsspp_liberto core but still it brings up that error message

Ok, ive sorted it. the atlas.zim file needs to go into system\ppsspp and then paste there instead of it going into system\ppsspp\assets

Ah, glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for posting your solution. It’s those little things that can be the hardest to sort out, so I’m sure this will be useful information for others with the same issue in the future.

I also had to go back to an older core as the newer one was throwing up memory errors after sorting the atlas.zim error message. I have it saved in my google drive that I can link to if thats allowed?

Sure, go for it :slight_smile:

Cheers the link is here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5tyOXynhxGuNXhYZDIwdVVESXM/view?usp=sharing

Hi… I have tried all of this including the assets and flasho folders moved, atlas.zim in the system>ppsspp directly, older version of the core posted above, and I am still getting a black screen every time I launch. Any help or tips are appreciated.

Thanks.