PPSSPP RetroArch vs Standalone

Fire cube 2nd gen Fire OS 7.6.2.4 RA 1.14.0_git PPSSPP SA 1.12.2 Luna Controller

I have a newly installed retroarch 1.14.0 and cannot get PPSSPP to work within it. Using PPSSPP’s standalone works perfectly. I don’t understand where I went wrong because I haven’t changed any of the settings yet. I can load the core but it crashes when trying to load a .iso (ISO’s are on USB and not zipped). If someone can let me know how to dump the log file I’ll gladly do it.

there are a few ways to get a log, but the easiest is to go to settings > log and set both logging verbosities to DEBUG and ‘log to file’ to ON. Do whatever it takes to reproduce the offending behavior and then close RetroArch (if needed). It will then create a log file in your ‘log’ directory, which you can open in a text editor. If you want us to take a look at it, copy/paste the log contents somewhere like pastebin.com and then post a link to it here (this is more convenient for people than having to download it and open it in our own text editors)

Hmm, i don’t see any obvious errors or red flags. You might be stuck running through standalone ppsspp for now.

I’m ok with that. If my setup can help the dev team in any way I hope they let me know. I am not a programmer but I’ve been in IT for 25 years as a Network, Windows server, Exchange and Active Directory Admin

2 Likes

Maybe you haven’t done :

PPSSPP core need PPSSPP asset from standalone git and copy it on retroarch system folder.

Please follow the guide https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/

if you play games on a pc, RA will be fine. But if you play on an android phone, you should choose the standalone one. The ppsspp core of the RA is not perfect. When I use “Vulkan”, I can not use fast forward, or the game will be crashed. and when I use “gl”, I can not close any game properly. retroarch will crash after being stuck for a while.