PPSSPP - Segmentation fault during game save

When playing God of War Chains of Olympus. Segfaults when saving game. Screen gets black before segfaulting. Any clues?

The only suspicious thing I see in the log is a ton of missed vblanks. Maybe it’s getting too far out of sync and then just crapping out…?

I was able to save once by rapidly pressing X while on black screen. Loading gets stuck at blank screen too and seems to load fine after rapidly pressing X too.

Same thing with Ghost of Sparta. Is there a way to enable a more verbose log mode for PPSSPP in order to get a slight clue on what’s going on?

It crashes on RetroArch for Windows too. Tested with latest Mac OS stable version of the standalone PPSSPP emulator and it works great.

It seems that RetroArch’s PPSSPP core can’t “emulate” the PSP’s default save and load screens. It shows up fine on standalone PPSSPP but it’s only black screen o RetroArch, then crashes.

Should I fill a bug in libretro’s PPSSPP github repo? Or maybe ask the forum admin to move this to the Cores section (since I’ve confirmed that this is not a Linux specific issue)?

It would be good to have someone confirming that PSP’s load/save screen is currently not being supported/emulated by PPSSPP’s libretro core.

Problem solved! I have copied contents from the assets folder from a PPSSPP standalone buiild (1.0 for Mac in my case) to the <bios_folder>/PPSSPP folder in RetroArch. Save/Load screens now show up properly and no segfaults anymore! :smiley:

Oh, that’s good to know. I didn’t realize lacking those assets could be so detrimental (I haven’t used the PPSSPP core extensively).

I’m glad you got it figured out, and thanks for posting your solution!