Print Screen won't work? What in the world!?

Hey everyone!

So I was trying to take some screenshots last night, and the strangest thing is happening. I hit Print Screen, but whenever I paste it the image is of whatever is BEHIND retroarch.

I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. Print Screen = Print the Screen, like how does it not just capture what’s on my screen like it always does on every other thing I’ve ever tried it on ever??? lol

Help would be greatly appreciated because I can’t wrap my head around this.

It’s a graphics card problem, happens with a lot of games.

While playing a game in RetroArch, press the F8 key to take a screenshot.

You’ll find the png file in RetroArch’s screenshots folder.

[QUOTE=wyzrd;43425]It’s a graphics card problem, happens with a lot of games. While playing a game in RetroArch, press the F8 key to take a screenshot. You’ll find the png file in RetroArch’s screenshots folder.[/QUOTE]

Ugh… more problems from my stupid card. I really need to get a new one I hate this thing. Don’t ever buy a GigaByte 1G Gaming Edition R9-390X You will hate your life.

I’d replace it but… I don’t understand graphics card comparisons. I just want an AMD that will run all modern stuff at 1080p/60fps with AMD’s 3D capability… but everyone is so concerned with VR and 4K it’s a nightmare trying to figure it out.

I probably changed that control when I unmapped everything during my initial setup, but that gives me a great solution. Thank you.

Sometimes I have to printscreen multiple times before it actually captures Retroarch.

[QUOTE=SkyHighGam3r;43460]Ugh… more problems from my stupid card. I really need to get a new one I hate this thing. Don’t ever buy a GigaByte 1G Gaming Edition R9-390X You will hate your life.

I’d replace it but… I don’t understand graphics card comparisons. I just want an AMD that will run all modern stuff at 1080p/60fps with AMD’s 3D capability… but everyone is so concerned with VR and 4K it’s a nightmare trying to figure it out.

I probably changed that control when I unmapped everything during my initial setup, but that gives me a great solution. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

It’s not that the R9 390 is a bad card, it might be the drivers or the way Windows is handling RetroArch on the screen. I’ve had it happen with Nvidia and Intel before.

This R9 390X is by far the worst video card I have ever had. I’m desperately trying to sell it so I can get an Nvidia GTX 1060 Mini.

Do not expect that buying new hardware will change this behavior. PrintScreen with some RA video drivers such as vulkan only captures what was shown first upon focusing the full-screen exclusive mode program. Using RA’s built-in screenshot feature circumvents this external uncontrollable undesirable behavior.

[QUOTE=SkyHighGam3r;43460]Ugh… more problems from my stupid card. I really need to get a new one I hate this thing. Don’t ever buy a GigaByte 1G Gaming Edition R9-390X You will hate your life.

I probably changed that control when I unmapped everything during my initial setup, but that gives me a great solution. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I have a GTX 980 and the problem persists…I just use F8 or if I need an in menu screenshot I just use fraps.