Problem adding content playlist & Reicast

I seem to encounter 2 problem with the latest nighly build of RA.

1. Adding content directory does not seem to create the play as i have hope, although playing the game of the same content i wanted to add in the playlist seem to work just fine…

2. Reicast seem to have this issue with in game text looking gibberish, funny that it only work on selected game like elemental gimmick gear. the text only appear that way during the actual game conversation not the intro.

Anyone know a fix for both of this issue?

1. I don’t think Reicast is setup for scanning yet. You’ll have to create a playlist manually. I assume it works with discs that way at least.
  2. Reicast is very early alpha 0.1, so it’s probably not worth using yet… at least for most games. You may want to use the DEmul emulator for now, if you want to play Dreamcast.

Phantasm, thank you sir for your prompt reply. I tried scanning other content not just dreamcast. e.g DS, PSP, Gameboy all the same.

I note on your reicast advice, will not use it.

If it’s not scanning something it means either 1. there is no database for that system yet or 2. the files you’re scanning do not match the system database. Most systems use a no-intro database so you want your roms to be no-intro too. Unfortunately this excludes any roms that have hacks on them. Since you’re on Windows I recommend just using this utility here for playlist generation.

Well you can certainly test Reicast and use it if the game you want to play works. It’s just very early alpha so don’t expect much in terms of compatibility and quality I presume. About the scanning, as Axiphel said the database uses CRC checks from stuff like No-Intro and Redump sets. Personally I stick to downloading No-Intro romsets and Redump disc image sets, whenever possible. Use that utility Axiphel linked to make custom playlists when you need to.

Just want to thank you both Axiphel and Phantasm for your advice. Much Appreciated.