Problem configuring controllet

Hi there. 1st time poster but hope to be a long time player. Just trying to get through some setup issues. I have a Logitech F310 controller the works flawlessly on standalone emulators but when I load up RetroArch it tells me that its not configured. I tried to set it up via the input settings and binding the buttons but no dice. No button press is recognized. The device is an Amazon Fire Tv 4k. It will load up the roms but no controls. TIA!

Are you using retroarch latest nightly?

Yes. Initially I started with the Play Store version. Did some research, uninstalled, and installed the latest nightly with same result.

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3142

Ok. Heres an update. Was playing around and put the Fire Tv remote as user2 and was able to add the Logitech (generic xbox) as user 1 and was able to configure and save. Now the problem is every time I restart RetroArch is does not detect and I have to find the cfg and load it. How do you default the config file? Or lock it in permanently?

erase that config, config your controller again and exit retroarch from the menu using quit retroarch, that will save your settings config.

It works if I run RetroArch but not initially. Have to tap the Fire Tv remote first. Then the controller works. Does not work if I run trrough game browser. Game loads but controller come up not configured.

I have this exact same problem. Tribefan, were you able to find a resolution?

Second that, having the same issue on my 1st gen AFTV, combined with a 8bitdo SFC30 controller. Running the 1.3.6 stable. When starting RetroArch, I have to tick the AFTV remote first, then I can use my controller. When starting a game, even so. The remote is said to be configured in slot 0#, when I use the SFC30, is says that the controller is used in slot 1# (or something like that). I can’t figure out how to save the proper configuration. It’s mildly annoying. Besides that, RetroArch works great.