Problem configuring XBox One controller

Hi,

I have setup Retroarch to use my SNES USB controller by default (menu and most cores : NES, SNES, GBA etc.), but for the Reicast and PSX cores I’d like to use my XBox One Controler. The problem is that everytime I launch a Dreamcast or PSX game, I have to remap the controls ; I go to Config -> Input -> User 1 Binds ->" User 1 bind defaults all" and then the controller works as expected, every button is mapped correctly ; but then after saving the core override, I can still navigate the Retroarch menu with the XBox One controller D-pad, but the buttons don’t work anymore. If I quit the game and try to launch it again, the mapping is not saved and I have to do it again.

Is this a known bug ?

I’m not sure what’s going on in your particular situation, but if the xbone controller is recognized and autoconfigured you can either unplug/replug it when you want to change cores or you can leave it plugged in all the time and go into settings > input and change the device index to it when you want to use it. It seems you can change device indexes with overrides, as well, according to a recent thread where someone was using them to do the same thing you’re wanting to do.

No, if I change the device index to select the XBox One controller, I have to map all the buttons again. The configuration is not saved.

Ok, if you configure it and then save the autoconfig profile, does it actually create a file in your autoconfig directory?

Yes, it does create a file named “XInput Controller (User 1).cfg” in the autoconf\xinput directory.

This is what’s in it :

input_driver = “xinput” input_device = “XInput Controller (User 1)” input_b_btn = “0” input_y_btn = “2” input_select_btn = “7” input_start_btn = “6” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “1” input_x_btn = “3” input_l_btn = “4” input_r_btn = “5” input_l2_axis = “+4” input_r2_axis = “+5” input_l3_btn = “8” input_r3_btn = “9” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “-1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “+1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “-3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “+3” input_menu_toggle_btn = “10” input_b_btn_label = “A” input_y_btn_label = “X” input_select_btn_label = “Back” input_start_btn_label = “Start” input_up_btn_label = “D-Pad Up” input_down_btn_label = “D-Pad Down” input_left_btn_label = “D-Pad Left” input_right_btn_label = “D-Pad Right” input_a_btn_label = “B” input_x_btn_label = “Y” input_l_btn_label = “LB” input_r_btn_label = “RB” input_l2_axis_label = “LT” input_r2_axis_label = “RT” input_l3_btn_label = “Left Thumb” input_r3_btn_label = “Right Thumb” input_l_x_plus_axis_label = “Left Analog X+” input_l_x_minus_axis_label = “Left Analog X-” input_l_y_plus_axis_label = “Left Analog Y+” input_l_y_minus_axis_label = “Left Analog Y-” input_r_x_plus_axis_label = “Right Analog X+” input_r_x_minus_axis_label = “Right Analog X-” input_r_y_plus_axis_label = “Right Analog Y+” input_r_y_minus_axis_label = “Right Analog Y-” input_menu_toggle_btn_label = “Guide” input_up_axis = “-1” input_down_axis = “+1” input_left_axis = “-0” input_right_axis = “+0”

hmm, i guess the question is why it’s not picking up the xbone pad autoconfig that we already ship: https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/xinput/Xbox%20One%20Controller%20for%20Windows.cfg Have you tried updating your autoconfig profiles from the online updater?

[QUOTE=hunterk;48780]hmm, i guess the question is why it’s not picking up the xbone pad autoconfig that we already ship: https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/xinput/Xbox%20One%20Controller%20for%20Windows.cfg Have you tried updating your autoconfig profiles from the online updater?[/QUOTE]

Yes my autoconfig profiles are up to date.

I’m running the latest stable Lakka – there appears to be no way from the GUI to update the autoconfigs. I cannot currently get any controllers to work, only keyboard, on a fresh install (x86, linux). Any suggestions? Aloha.