Problem with controls in Final Burn Alpha Core

This is probably a very minor issue for most people, but it is the very reason I’ve always used FBA for Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom series games. It makes the games a lot easier to pull off dashes, super jumps, and special moves. FBA has an option to configure 3 punches and 3 kicks to a button. It works fine for player 1, on the windows version of Retroarch. But if you try to configure player 2, every time player 1 hits 3 punches or 3 kicks during a 2 player vs. game, player 2 will do the same thing. So something is not right.

Also, there appears to be 2 places to configure this from FBA’s quick menu - both in options, and in controls. In the controls section, I didn’t see an option to configure 3 punches and 3 kicks for player 2, only for player 1. A little confusing here too, because it seems like if I play with the 3 punches and 3 kicks settings for player 2 in the ‘options’ section, a ‘3 kicks’ setting will appear in the ‘controls’ section for player 2, but not 3 punches. Weird.

Also, in the Android version, the 3 punches and 3 kicks functionality is completely broken, and will not work even for player 1.

This is a great emulator, and I’m hoping someone knows how to fix this.

I took a peek and the macro feature is actually pretty complicated. You might try opening an issue at the github repo:

so someone more familiar with the codebase can take a look.

Thanks for the reply, I will do that.

FBA has an option to configure 3 punches and 3 kicks to a button Mame can do that too. In standalone at least, i haven’t tried it in RA.

Haven’t noticed that option in MAME cores, though I could have missed it. I would really appreciate having it.

Agreed… anyone who has spent any time in the Kaillera servers (are those even still around?), GGPO, or Fightcade realizes the advantage these macros give you in gameplay.

I opened up an issue at the github repo, as hunterk suggested. Hopefully someone will fix it.