Problem with Mupen64 core

Hey all,

I’m trying to get Mupen64 running on my laptop, and I’m running into some trouble. When I load the core, RetroArch 1.4.2 still says “No Core”, even though I can find the “Core Information” under the Information Menu. Then, when I try to load a game, it says “core failed to load”. I have an old Asus laptop with an Ivy Bridge, and I’m running Linux Mint 18. I’ve got two questions:

1. Any idea what’s going wrong? and 2) are there any other cores in the repository that will play n64 games?

Thanks!

Update: I just switched to Parallel

Another fix that has at least worked for me when cores do this is to exit RetroArch and navigate to the folder you installed your RetroArch into, Go to Cores and delete the core that isn’t loading then go into the " Playlist " folder and delete the selective playlist isn’t working, for example the N64 Playlist if your N64 core isn’t loading, now boot up RetroArch as Admin and install a fresh N64 Core, then do a directory scan of your N64 games, after doing this the core and games should now load, at least from me couple of experiences with this issue. Hope this helps you in the future or anyone else that may come into an encounter with this issue.