Problem with PCSX-ReARMed and CRT-geom shader.

Greetings.

I use the shaders xbrz-freescale and crt-geom universally and works great for all emulators except PCSX-ReARMed for PS1 games. What happens is that the resolution keeps changing in some games (Strider 2 and Digimon Rumble Arena), mostly in menus, so the scanlines of crt-geom disappear and the image shakes and creates strange effects. In Dead or Alive, in particular, is not just the menus, but even during gameplay. Beetle PSX is exactly the same thing, but that emulator runs slow for me anyway.

That’s working as intended, actually. What you’re describing is called “interlacing”, and the shader simulates this when it encounters interlaced content.

There are other shaders that don’t simulate this effect, though, and there should be a runtime parameter for the shader to disable interlacing detection.

I can’t find a parameter that disables it.

It doesn’t happen if I use crt-hyllian-3d though, but there’s no crt curvature, and if I try to combine crt-hyllian-3d with crt-geom everything gets screwed up. Is there a shader that only simulates the curvature?

just doing curvature on its own looks awful. It needs to be part of the CRT effect. However, I just pushed a parameter up to the GLSL version (it should be available in the online updater soon-ish) that will let you disable the interlacing detection. The scanlines still get more faint, but they don’t disappear and you don’t get the jitter.

Could you do it to the CG version too? Most GLSL shaders don’t work for me.

I don’t have those titles so I don’t know if I can meet your expectations, but please try crt-lottes-multipass.cgp. Curvature increases with warpX and warpY

I just updated the shaders and tried the glsl versions and they worked this time, and I was able to disable the interlacing. Thanks.

1 Like