Problem with windows vista 64 bit

There is an error as soon as I boot up Retroarch it says Retroarch.exe stopped working. I have no idea what I had done wrong besides it had stopped working. I had installed up to Directx 10 and I had installed DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). I am trying to figure out as I go along to get it to work, I am stumped can anyone tell me what to do? I am doing this off a clean PC just installed Windows Vista with all the updates done.

The Direct3D driver crashes immediately if you have any shaders running, currently. Try setting video_driver = “d3d” to video_driver = “gl” in retroarch.cfg (which should be in the same folder as retroarch.exe) as a temporary workaround until the Direct3D driver is fixed.

Nah I’m thinking it might be the new power stuff that is not correctly supported on Vista @OP, can you try the 32 bit XP build?

The video driver was changed to d3d and it had crashed. I set it back to gl.

Crashes as well. It had worked fine before I had wiped my computer.

Am I missing something? Is there a place where the log is?

Should I just upgrade to windows 7 or something more significant?

Nope nothing I did seems to solve that problem. It boots up it dies and that’s it.

Which programs are required to make it run?

I got it to work i just needed more driver updates for my graphics card. Good day to yall!