Problems in Windows 10 trying to compile Retroarch for 3ds

Hello,

I think this is the right place for asking questions about retroarch development… If I’m wrong or if there’s a better place to expose them, please let me know.

As I was having problems with the cap32 core in Retroarch for 3ds (see topic at cap32 core Nintendo 3ds: load state and custom aspect ratio), and being a C# .NET software developer, I’d decided to try Retroarch’s development for 3ds, in order to find what causes the bugs I’d reported in cap32’s core.

So I’d started to follow the guides at:

Using latest devkitPro + MSYS2 + Docker

… And I’d encountered the first two problems:

After cloning the Retroarch repository and obtaining the latest version, I’ve tried to compile Salamander using "make -f Makefile.ctr.salamander ", and I’ve got this error:

frontend/drivers/platform_ctr.c:521:4: error: implicit declaration of function ‘mcuHwcGetBatteryLevel’; did you mean ‘MCUHWC_GetBatteryLevel’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] 521 | mcuHwcGetBatteryLevel(&battery_percent); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | MCUHWC_GetBatteryLevel

So I’d changed mcuHwcGetBatteryLevel(&battery_percent) to MCUHWC_GetBatteryLevel

… and it seems to compile, although I still have another error (see later).

How is that possible ? Are the changes being monitored before being approved ? It does not compile ?!

The error I have right now is:

/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/bin/3dsxtool retroarch_3ds_salamander.elf retroarch_3ds_salamander.3dsx make: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/bin/3dsxtool: No such file or directory make: *** [Makefile.ctr.salamander:191: retroarch_3ds_salamander.3dsx] Error 127

Why it is failing ? I have a file named retroarch_3ds_salamander.elf in the same folder I’m calling make, that is the same folder I have the git’s retroarch repository.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

hey, thanks for taking an interest!

Frequently, these console toolchains do breaking changes with every update, so rather than have to constantly update all of cores to match up to the latest toolchain changes, we only update the toolchains on our buildbot occasionally. So, it should still compile fine with an older toolchain, and I can try to track down which version it needs, if you like.

Yes, thank you. Please tell me if I have to uninstall the current version and where to obtain the necessary items.

Thanks