Problems with Dolphin emu core and Nintendo Wii controller scheme

Hey guys, I’m having a little bit of a problem, I use retroarch to emulate my Wii games, everything works fine except the controller, I use a xbox one controller, I can only use the Wiimote + nunchuck option to control the game (Scarface The World Is Yours), all the buttons work except for the camera control, Scarface is a third-person game and I need the camera to look around. I would’ve thought using the retropad would solve my problem since it tries to emulate the gamecube controller like in the dolphin emulator, but no luck with the dolphin emu core it always says plugin the wiimote + nunchuck. Can you guys help out I’ve tried everything and I’m at my wits end, always Thanks in Advance, Holla Back.

While the game is running, go into quick menu > controls and you should be able to change the device type up at the top of the menu.

Yes I’m aware of this option except for 1 drawback, for some reason the wii core dolphin emu the game only recognizes the wiimote + nunchuck

ever find a way around this, or is this intended behavior? For the wii platform you are basically required to create a remap and save it so when you load you actually have controls yes?