Problems with mame with ps3 controller

Hey guys! I wish some of you can help me out. The thing is I am running a ps3 controller with my pc (windows 7 x64) with psc server. The problem i have only occurs running MAME games like sunsetriders and others. I can only play with my friends with the direction pad, and not the analogic because the MAME menu appears like if someone accidentally push de L2 button, or the game reset because someone push de L3 button by accident.

Is there a way to cancel some buttons in mame games so we can use the analogic stick?

You can disable (or reassign) the button that calls the MAME ingame menu right from that menu itself. I don’t remember the exact name if has, but I’m pretty sure it’s under “Interface” buttons submenu. :slight_smile:

If you change this as a “global” settting, i’ll be saved in the “default.cfg” file, and all your games will have that key reassigned! That, unless another game-specific config over-rides it… (So if you want to change it just for Sunset Rider, look for it in the “this game” sub menu).

Thanx! Will try that!