Problems with Mednafen Core; Retroarch 1.3.4

Hi there. First of all, thanks for the hard work @ Retroarch. I still enjoying it but in the past couple of days Mednafen PSX (0.9.38.6) Core drives me crazy. I cant get it to work. What i´ve done so far: 1: switched from “gl”-Driver to “d3d”. Also switched “xmb” to “rgui” 2: tryed with ROMS --> Digimon World (U) and Vagrant Story (U) as different file endings: bin/cue; img; iso; pbp 3: BIOS files are present and checked 4: Under Mednafen Settings; checked “Skip BIOS”

Only Progress i made so far @Digimon World. The Game seems to start but i only hear the intro audio…black screen. I checked my Games with epsxe and their worked just fine. So yeah i´m out of ideas.

Another Problem is with the scraper ability (Scan Directory) on N64 Roms (SNES/NES etc works flawlessly)…All my ROMS are not recognized. But if i go to “load content > select file and detect core>ROM” it works. Any Solution ?

many thanks in advance for any help

mednafen-psx only loads bin/cue (load the cue sheet) or pbp (only in very recent builds; use the online updater to make sure you have the latest). Turn off ‘skip bios’ as it can break some games.

If it still doesn’t work, get us a log, plz.

Our databases are based on No-Intro DATs. Is your N64 set from them?

I updated to the recent build. Tryed Cue and pbp …nothing works. I only hear the intro music, but no screen.

How do i do that ?

Nope, i think it is a normal Rom-Set. I will try Roms with no intro.

Thanks for your help

Edit: I found this http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5394&highlight=SkyHighGam3r seems like a similar problem

Update: I found out that my BIOS dumps are faulty. I updated the BIOS files and Madnafen PSX is just working as intended.

Our databases are based on No-Intro DATs. Is your N64 set from them?

Tryed, and it worked. Thanks