Problems with PC-Engine CD on Retroarch Wii 1.2.2

Hello everyone

I recently tried RetroArch WIi 1.2.2 and everything I tried worked perfectly, except PC-Engince CD games (no problems with the regular PC Engine rom games). I’m using the same bios file and the same game CD dumps (cue+bin) that I use on Retroach for PC, but they won’t run on the Wii. Whenever I load any PC-Engine CD on the Mednafen PCE Fast core, it drops me back to the homebrew channel. 've double-triple checked that I have the system folder correctly configured, so I doubt it’s the bios file (and it’s the same file I use with Retroach on my PC, so it should work, right?).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

[QUOTE=spinningacorn;26726]Hello everyone

I recently tried RetroArch WIi 1.2.2 and everything I tried worked perfectly, except PC-Engince CD games (no problems with the regular PC Engine rom games). I’m using the same bios file and the same game CD dumps (cue+bin) that I use on Retroach for PC, but they won’t run on the Wii. Whenever I load any PC-Engine CD on the Mednafen PCE Fast core, it drops me back to the homebrew channel. 've double-triple checked that I have the system folder correctly configured, so I doubt it’s the bios file (and it’s the same file I use with Retroach on my PC, so it should work, right?).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I remember that core was not working in 1.2.x version, try on the nightly version… you may have a better luck! BTW, the latest version should be able not just able to handle bin/cue images but also rips using ogg sound files. Also check the bios name is correct, even capitals matters sometimes when the environment is is Windows. an easy way to ensure it is to open the info file for that core and copy the bios name from there, then rename the actual file using the name there.

Luck!

Hope it works for you!

I tried some of the latest nightlies with no luck (I only managed to break other cores, so I went back to 1.2.2) I’m using WiiMednafen with the same bin+cue games and the same bios, so there’s no doubt it’s not a correct dump problem.

Thanks anyway!

(I guess I’ll just wait for the next stable and use WiiMednafen until then…)

[QUOTE=spinningacorn;26745]I tried some of the latest nightlies with no luck (I only managed to break other cores, so I went back to 1.2.2) I’m using WiiMednafen with the same bin+cue games and the same bios, so there’s no doubt it’s not a correct dump problem.

Thanks anyway!

(I guess I’ll just wait for the next stable and use WiiMednafen until then…)[/QUOTE]

Then it is still broken… weird nobody has report it yet… please report the issue at this link: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3505

Loading a PC Engine CUE (BIN) results in a black screen (can’t access RetroArch menu). I have the “syscard3.pce” BIOS in RetroArch’s BIOS Directory.

Don’t worry, black screens here too. Same bios and bin+cue work perfectly in wiimednafen. I guess it’s broken for the moment

Just be more patient… Blackscreens just for a minute… it just takes long to read the cd