Problems with Setup not saving

Hi guys,

First of all I must say after trying this for the first time yesterday I am IMPRESSED. This project is amazing.

So I setup last night and it detects my controller. I setup a few roms using the bsnes-mercury-accuracy (my PC is running i7 4790k at 4.5ghz) and it runs flawlessly…or so I thought. It won’t save any of my settings whether they are keybindings or core settings.

I tried changing them immediately before loading a rom and it won’t recognize fast forward or the return to menu shortcut. When I re-launch it also forgets the info directory too. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss up some crucial step? I don’t see what I could be missing but I do not have it set to save settings per core so this should save them overall for all cores but it doesn’t save anything.

This is especially problematic as the save games for the roms are also not saving either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Is “Settings” -> “Configuration” -> “Save Configuration On Exit” enabled?

If so, is RetroArch in a good directory? If it’s in “Program Files” and then is not run as administrator, it will have a permissions problem and be unable to write to its own directory as of Windows Vista. I use “X: ools” for programs I download for this reason.

I had it installed to my C:// and have it set to run as admin yeah. I do have it set to save on exit and tried but it doesn’t seem to want to stick the settings. I’m not sure why.