Problems with Ubuntu 17.10 snap

Having a few issues getting Retroarch installed on the new release.

I can see the latest version in the Software Centre, so I assume this is a snap package? Anyways firstly the app won’t launch from the icon it installs. It says “Failed to Launch “Retroarch” - desktop file didn’t specify Exec field”. I tried installing Alacarte to edit the file but it doesn’t help.

I can run it from a terminal, but if I do so it takes a long time to launch and when it does it will not recognise the controller. I updated the autoconfig profiles first before attempting to bind the controls and even relaunched from the terminal but it made no difference. At first I thought it might be a permissions thing but the directory it defaults to seems to be writable.

Grateful for any help. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that package still needs some work. I haven’t had some of those issues in my own testing, but I have had others, too… Thanks for the report. I’ll try to do some work on it this weekend.

The first launch takes some time because we have to copy assets to the snap user directory. This package will include assets, database, cheats,joypad autoconfig, info cores, overlay and shaders.