Processing emulator specific retroarch.cfg?

Hi,

I’m using RetroPie3 (on a Raspberry Pi) and within that, an emulator specifc retroarch.cfg is run from a path like this: /opt/retropie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg (This is the file that Emulation Station is told to run)

An example content would be

#include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”

All settings made here will override the global settings for the current emulator core

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/snes/ video_shader = /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/shader/snes_phosphor.glslp video_shader_enable = false video_smooth = false

As you can see it includes the main retroarch.cfg - the odd thing is that if I put lines like this at the bottom of the file above, they are ignored (or overwritten by the /all/retroarch.cfg version) savefile_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/saves/snes savestate_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/saves/snes

BUT if I put those two lines before/above the #include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg” line, it works fine and overrides the /all/retroarch.cfg file values.

There is a discussion on it here:

Still following me? Well done. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Floob.

The config uses the first match if finds basically. When you use a #include it includes the contents of that file at that location after the other lines. I’ve run into the same with the new auto-overrides feature I implemented.

Overriding save_directory and savestate_directory doesn’t really work for overrides nor per-core configs I’m still struggling with that, odd that it works with includes

Edit: BTW, you never asked a question :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Radius;21828]Overriding save_directory and savestate_directory doesn’t really work for overrides nor per-core configs I’m still struggling with that, odd that it works with includes [/QUOTE] It’s worked for me since we first tested overrides. I use different save and savestate directories for each core with core override configs and it writes and reads from them just fine. I’m using relative paths like:

savefile_directory = “.\Save\Super Nintendo Entertainment System” savestate_directory = “.\State\Super Nintendo Entertainment System”

Weird, it doesn’t work for me Are you loading from a frontend or from the menu?

Figured this out on #retroarch, but for anyone reading this thread, the directories only change properly when launched from a separate frontend or the command line. At least until Radius figures out how to get it working in RGUI/XMB/GLUI.

[QUOTE=Radius;21828]The config uses the first match if finds basically. When you use a #include it includes the contents of that file at that location after the other lines. I’ve run into the same with the new auto-overrides feature I implemented.

Overriding save_directory and savestate_directory doesn’t really work for overrides nor per-core configs I’m still struggling with that, odd that it works with includes

Edit: BTW, you never asked a question :p[/QUOTE]

I guess my question would be, why does the system specific retroarch.cfg happily override settings in the main /all/retroarch.cfg ONLY when either they dont have a value set in the main file (that it has just #included) or if the line is set above the #include.

I would have thought that anything below the #include would set the latest value - but it just doesnt seem to behave like that?

I think you are saying that its simply the first value that is used - so its just a case of putting these above the include then its all good?