PS One on RetroArch?

Can we get some more info? Is it a android phone, iPhone, what fw is it Running etc. It saves fine On my iPhone 5.

You can enable it in Core Option.

On Windows 7 32bit.

In Core Options of Mednafen PSX all I see is…

1. Skip Bios…
  2. Analog Controller…
  3. Dithering
  4. Port 1…
  5. Port 2…

Don’t see anything about Saving/Savestates?

Weird… Are you using an older version of Retroarch? I clearly have the option with the latest nightly.

[QUOTE=sennerz;19316]On Windows 7 32bit.

In Core Options of Mednafen PSX all I see is…

1. Skip Bios…
  2. Analog Controller…
  3. Dithering
  4. Port 1…
  5. Port 2…

Don’t see anything about Saving/Savestates?[/QUOTE]

Ancient version. Also read the wiki link I posted before

Yeah just updated to v0.9.36.5 and got more options. I presume I just enable ‘Savestates (restart)’ then!

You guys in the know are a god send!

Thanks again guys, really do appreciate your help!

Right guys, next issue…

I’ve got everything working with RA and PSX (Standalone) but when trying to run via Rom Collection Browser in XBMC Gotham the games won’t load, I get an error along the lines of “RetrArch tried to load game.bin. File format not recognised by PSX”

In RCB i’ve tried File type *.bin & *.cue together and on their own. I’ve tried running in ‘Solo Mode’…whatever I do they just won’d load via RCB. It either flicks to a black screen and back to XBMC OR crashes RA. Any ideas??

You need to load the cue, not the bin.

Ive been trying. I set the file mask to .cue for the ‘roms’ and it still doesn’t work. Its fine standalone but RCB doesn’t want to open them for some reason?

There are many variables, maybe it’s not launching from the correct path or working dir, or maybe your commandline is wrong. Not a RA issue though I use ALA instead of RCB, I launch like this:

retroarch.exe -L cores\corename.dll -c config\coreconfig.cfg {ROM}

Just thought, when importing the rom collection initially I might have put *.bin so if it found all the .bins and not the .cues…maybe thats the problem and changing to .cue now is too late?

I think mine is:

-f -L “C:/RetroArch/cores/mednafen_psx_libretro.dll” "%roms%

I think I’ll try to delete the collection and start again!

This is the error in cmd:

RetroArch [WARN] :: [libretro WARN] :: Save directory is not defined. Fallback o n using SYSTEM directory … RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Rumble interface supported! RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Loading C:\RetroArch\roms\playstation\Adventure of Little Ralph [J] [SLPS-01853].bin… RetroArch: [libretro INFO] :: Using module: psx(Sony PlayStation) RetroArch [ERROR] :: [libretro ERROR] :: File format is unknown to module “psx”.

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘MDFN_Error’ what(): File format is unknown to module “psx”.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

Deleted and re-added the collection. It was a mistake in the initial setup, I added .bin instead of .cue and changing the file type after the import didn’t work.

Playstation sorted now.

You are feeding the incorrect ROM, thats a mednafen error it’s receiving a file that it doesn’t know how to handle. You can add --verbose to the commandline to get more info

Someone can help me? I have read all this article and i cant make PSX to work. I have .bin and .cue in same folder, in retroarch i open this .cue and… “RetroArch stopped work”, i am using the scph5501 bio, so anyone have any clue? Thanks I am on Win7(64b) and RetroArch 1.2.2.

Thankyou SO much for the tip! I tried every single method before but it turns out, I only needed to specify the BIOS directory and now it works swell. So thankyou once again! :slight_smile:

Mednafen/Beetle PSX needs: ps-30j.bin renamed to scph5500.bin ps-30a.bin renamed to scph5501.bin ps-30e.bin renamed to scph5502.bin

ePSXe and PCSX-Reloaded recommend ps-22a.bin

Xebra needs a BIOS file to be renamed to “OSROM” - case sensitive, no file extension - ps-22a.bin or ps-30a.bin is recommended.