PS1 SotN Memory Card file not loading

Hey folks. I am going nuts. I have an on 200% save file for Symphony Of The Night moved from a PS1 memory card via a PS3 to a USB stick to a windows 10 machine. I can get my Vagrant Story save to work just fine, but when I try to load the saved game in Symphony of The Night, it says no files found.

I have converted the save file (BASLUS-00067445241583030.PSV) from the USB to the SLUS_00076.mcr using MemcardRex, which I did for VS. I put the memory card save file in the /saves folder for Retroarch. But when I launch the game, using Beetle PSX HW, two new files are created in the /saves folder: SLUS_00067.1.mcr and SLUS_00067.srm. I suspect these files are empty.

I am using RetroArch 1.7.5 on Windows 10.

Any suggestions for making retroarch access my save file instead of creating new ones? Any help is appreciated. Thanks very much.

David

Have you tried copying/renaming your SLUS_00076.mcr to SLUS_00067.1.mcr?

LOL. Um… actually the problem seems to be related to the file name. (I mistyped it in the original post- it file was named SLUS_00067.mcr, not SLUS_00076.mcr) I changed the extension from .mrc to .srm and everything loaded perfectly. Not only am I having issues with the tech problems between the ears weren’t helping either. :slight_smile: D

1 Like