PS2 to PS3&PC Adapter - Error saving autoconfig file

hello, i have tried to use this (very cheap) adapter with retroarch (X64 - windows 10) and with Lakka 2.1 RC3. Mapping works fine.

But i can’t save a autoconfig file. Notofication says: “Error saving autoconf file”.

All other Controllers and Adapters i tested before can be saved on the same two systems. maybe there is a fix or workauround for this?

PIC OF ADAPTER:

I Think its called:

Shanwan PS3/PC Gamepad” on Lakka (i took the picture at disconnect) :

and

PS3/PC Gamepad” on Retroarch (windows)

@shakalakka - there are times whereby controller adapters will not get detected properly, especially when you have adapters that aim to work with more than one targeted input device - exempli gratia: a Sony PlayStation 1/2 controller adapter that aims to work with the Sony PlayStation 3 and PC - in which I have two of those myself, with one of them being a GameWare-branded (Game UK) adapter that works well with the PS3, and can either work as a DirectInput adapter, or as a SCPToolkit-compatible “PLAYSTATION3® Controller” (that’s the device name), and the other one being a Logic3-branded adapter, which is blacklisted by Sony in the newer PS3 firmware versions, but apart from that, works in the same way as the former adapter.

From my experience, SCPToolkit works with RetroArch for native PS3/PS4 gamepads, and PS1/PS2 controller adapters that are detected as a SCPToolkit-compatible “PLAYSTATION3® Controller”, but as adapters with such features are hard to find nowadays, I would personally advise against using/buying adapters altogether if you want a near-perfect/almost hassle-free game input device setup in this day and age on Microsoft Windows.

1 Like

thank you but i think hunterk says the true,
retroarch autosaving simply don’t support devices with “weird symbols” at moment… and at least for lakka there is no workaround (because naturally no support for 3rd Party Software at all). I am still seaching for an new adapter that runs just out of the box with RA/Lakka without any known issues (at least after Input-Mapping).

Adapter-wise, you MIGHT be able to use your PS1/PS2 controllers with a PS1/PS2 to Xbox 360 adapter with controller sync support, but they’re more expensive than the basic PS2-to-PS3 adapters. Try them at your own risk though, as I haven’t had any experience with those.

That said, if you’re still willing to buy an adapter:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-360-to-Sony-PS-PS2-Controller-Adapter-Converter-/321975811740?epid=854168635&hash=item4af740fe9c%3Ag%3A0hUAAOSwk0pVgOhh&_trkparms=pageci%3A284dd880-7df1-11e7-a2d7-74dbd1a0723a%7Cparentrq%3Acd2fa2a615d0aca4b4926039fffff480%7Ciid%3A3

Config-saving for adapter still not works… :neutral_face:

any change the issue get solved ?

Is there a github issue for this?

no i haven’t, think for an complete and understandable issue-report on github my language is not good enoug (as often shows in the past)

1 Like