PS3 1.7.1 CEX Issues

I just installed the latest Rebug on my 4.82 CFW PS3. I then installed the latest CEX version of RetroArch 1.7.1. I was attempting to test it with some Nintendo, N64 and Super Nintendo roms. I found the following issues just attempting to do the basic setup:

1. None of the content update functions work. I believe I read in another post that the PS3 build still does not support network integration. If that is still an issue then that would explain the lack of support. Can we not hide menu sections which are not implemented yet? To prevent confusion.

2. The UI looks like it is using a basic sans font. This leads me to believe the default theme which comes with the Windows font-end is not installed or configured on this release.

3. The directory scan appears to work for things which have cores. My Nintendo directory scan was super slow but was successful. The other two did nothing. I could also not scan individual files from the other two.

4. Core download does not work.

Version 1.7.0 was just release and here is the PS3 changelog:

• PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
  • PS3: Core Updater now works.
  • PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.

I can confirm that the first item DOES NOT work. The UI look and feel of the fonts is fixed and looks nice and smooth now though. When I went to the Download Core option there was nothing appearing in the list. I want the N64 and Snex9x cores. I will keep checking for new updates. Thanks

1 Like

I the core updater works but not the new core downloader. I believe your confusing the two.

You are correct. My mistake. The downloader does not work.

Just a quick question here.

What is the best cfw to use on ps3 with retroarch? And how is the performance of n64 games and psx games? Thanks guys

the rewind function in 1.7.0 for ps3 in the core SNES does not work

Hi,

I was wondering if someone is somehow able to set up backgrounds/wallpapers in retroarch 1.7.0 ps3 port? or, is this feature broken?

(User Interface -> Appearance -> Background)

Retroarch is giving me a ā€œNo itemsā€ statement when I browse to the png folder. Actually, it looks like it is looking for Roms instead of pictures because it only detects Rom format files in the folders (iso, bin, smc).

Thanks.

So I managed to manually edit the retroarch.cfg and set up a background image. But how can I set a different background for each core?

Thanks for the help in advance.

iā€™m having a different problem using retroarch 1.7.0 (MAME) - some games are not displaying properly.

do i need to change come video settings to get these to display corectly? its not just these games, about 30% of my favourite roms appear like this.

yepp i have this same issue

Hi there, Iā€™m having the same issue with scanning directories. 4.82 Cex. Nes works well, but not any other system. Was this ever working in a previous build? Itā€™s my dream to get the thumbnails working across all, or as many systems as possible.

Hello.

I have issues trying to run pc-engine cd games, and Sega CD games. Iā€™ve read to put the BIOS inside of the games folder, but it seems useless.

Could someone help me, please.

Thank you.

I do agree with you, the menuā€™s are too confusing, no way of knowing if you actually got the last version of the core (version management isnā€™t really hard to do, Iā€™ve done it multiple times in software I wrote). And the ā€˜Core managementā€™ option you mention is really what RetroArch needs.

I have the same problem with the latest RetroArch release (1.7.4), Also on the latest rebug CEX. Some directories I can scan without a problem, but others (like SEGA Mega Drive, Arcade) start scanning but stop almost immediatly, and when I try to to another scan (on whatever directory) after that, it just says ā€˜0% initiating scanningā€™ (or something like that).

But I also cannot update the database, it downloads and then it says extracting, but then it just says ā€˜failed blah blahā€™ā€¦ Also other downloads seem to start but never finish, or even restartā€¦ It seems RetroArch 1.7.4 is really flaky in those departments.

Itā€™s on a machine that never had RetroArch installed before, havenā€™t actually tried it on my own PS3, which did have a previous version installed, but I uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest on that one.

Also I miss a lot of engines on the PS3 release, would love to be able to play Magnavox/videopac.

Hello! I juste installed the last Retroarch version for PS3 CEX. But when I tried to launch the app from my PS3, under CFW Ferrox Cobra 4.82, nothing happens, just black screen! Help!