PS3 controller mappings messed up (iPad 4 + iOS 8.1.2)

Hello, after upgrading my iPad 4 to 8.1.2 and re-jailbreaking with TaiG I installed the latest Retroarch from Cydia and Controllers for All (including BTstack), but now have problems with the button mappings for my PS3 controller. I’ve only tried using the MAME core so far, I’m not sure if other Retroarch cores also have button mapping issues.

The only buttons on the PS3 controller that do anything are the ones on the right side of the controller. They seem to be mapped to up/down and left/right. Is there an easy way to fix this?

The version of Retroarch I had installed before upgarding to 8.1.2 seemed to have some controller options where you could specify the type of controller and whether you wanted to enable analog sticks, etc. I don’t see anything like that in Retroarch anymore, just whether to enable autodetection for your controller. I’ve toggled that on and off to no effect.

I haven’t tried re-pairing the PS3 controller with SixAxis, is that worth a try?

My PS3 controller worked great with the older version of Retroarch I had running under iOS 7.0.4.

Thank you for any help,

-Colin

First, make sure you don’t have an old cfg hanging around from your old installation that could be messing things up. If that’s not a possibility (dunno if you had to wipe to re-jailbreak or not), then don’t worry about it.

I don’t think need Controllers for All, based on some posts I’ve seen here. Try removing it and reconnecting to see if it treats you any better.

Hello, it’s possible there may still be an old config from the iOS 7.0.4 Retroarch installation. I don’t think I wiped my iPad before upgrading to 8.1.2.

Do you know which directory (or directories) to go into to check for old controller CFGs? If I find any can I just delete them?

Thanks very much for your help!

they should all be in the main .RetroArch directory, so just nuke it.

It’s been over a year but I figured I’d post what fixed it.

Some or all of these steps finally got my PS3 Dualshock controller working with Retroarch 1.0.0.1:

Delete the .Retroarch directory in Documents- thanks very much for that suggestion! Disabled Controllers for All Set Retroarch to use btstack in frontend config Pointed the Retroarch joypad autoconfig directory to the udev directory of joypad config files- don’t remember where I found those though

Thanks for your help!

-Colin