PS3 remote to iPhone is not consistent

Some reason my PS3 remote isn’t consistent with my iPhone, it’s weird.

When I minimise my game (mostly to reply to a text message), sometimes the PS3 remote drops out and refuses to pair again until I reboot the iPhone…

When I close RetroArch completely and wish to play another game sometime later, I turn on the remote, it works for 10 seconds (or something, however the timeout is consistent) and loses the pair until I hold down the home button to turn it off, and turn it back on again.

And sometimes, it refuses to pair at all… I assume that’s after the first problem after a long-term of not using the app without realising I must have closed it incorrectly.

Anyhow, is there a way to properly re-pair / sync the remote without having to hold the home button down for 30 sec until it turns itself off or rebooting my iPhone? It’s incredibly annoying…

Thank you for your time guys.

My current used:

iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4 11B554a RetroArch 1.0.0.2.1 BTStack 0.9-1

I do NOT use Controllers4All and am unsure if I should or not… I thought it made complications.

I also find it doesn’t matter where I am. I have no BlueTooth objects in my bedroom or around the house, but it still happens… on the train it happens too… even if I sit between two people with iPhones and iPads my connection still is fine. Doesn’t matter where I am… it has to be something on the phone.

Bumpity Bump :c

If you ever get any connection issues with a PS3 controller, go to Settings > BTStack and then disable it. The controller should disconnect and the Bluetooth icon should disappear from the iPhone status bar. This should reset the connection without requiring a reboot.

I tried this but it didn’t work. I’ll try again.

Try the solution I described in this thread: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1947