PS3 scan function

I know that there were similiar questions, but they are left without answer or people suggest to use computer to make playlists. Since version 1.7.8 scan function doesn’t work completetly (even for single file or directory), it freezes console and I must reebot it. On version 1.7.7 (stable) it works pretty good. I’ve tested version 1.7.8, 1.7.9, 1.8.0, 1.8.1, 1.8.2, 1.8.5 (stables and some nightlies) and on those versions scan doesn’t work. Is there aby chance to bring this functionality back? My PS3 model is CECH-2003b and I’m on rebug 4.85.1 lite cfw (also tested on CECH-2504a rebug 4.85.1 lite and CECH-3004 HEN 3.0.0 - there is same problem). If this question is in wrong thread, please forgive me and move it to proper one.

I believe the changes between 1.7.7 and 1.7.8 made the scanner much faster but caused it to break on RAM-constrained platforms (mostly consoles). IIRC, the manual scan works better on 3DS. Have you tried that option?

I’ve tested manual scan on the newest stable version. It doesn’t freeze console, but I was waiting about 10 minutes and progress bar still was showing 0% (and any content was shown in playlists). I’ve tried different settings (system name, core) and result is same. So, scan function is completetly broken on PS3. On the other hand on Vita it works pretty good (but Vita has also 2x more ram (512mb) than PS3 (256mb))

1 Like