PS4 Controller help (please I'm desperate)

I’m currently using Retroarch version 1.3.1 on my Jailbroken iPad Air 2 iOS 8.4

Retroarch works perfectly fine so far, it plays the N64 games I’ve downloaded all very nicely. Now I want to connect my PS4 controller, and I’m sure it’s possible because I’m able to connect my PS4 controller to my iPad using the Controllers For All tweak and the controller works perfectly in any native app that supports it (“GTA San Andreas” and “Limbo” from the App Store both work flawlessly with my PS4 controller using Controllers For All).

But when I try to bind the keys for the controller in Retroarch, it doesn’t work. No matter what button I press on the controller Retroarch doesn’t register any key. So it seems like Retroarch doesn’t support Controllers For All but I’m almost certain that some people have done that.

so the big question is, does anyone have a PS4 controller connected to their Retroarch? If you do, can you please tell me how you did it or what version of Retroarch you’re using or any other tweak at all. Thank you in advance, I’m sorry for this long post I really am desperate to use my controller.

I’m on 1.3.1 and I was able to bind a dual shock 3 by going to the main menu, gear icon, input, input user 1 binds, user 1 bind all. At this point RA should automatically cycle through the burton assignments. This is all assuming you’re able to pair the device. I used BTStack and CFA. Not sure if I needed both, but enabling both worked for me.

I’m having the same problem whith PS4 controller. I tried different ways to connect and operate , but without success. In other games on iOS works perfectly , but retroarch not. The touch also recognizes but without functionality. Someone found solution?

i went and bought a ps4 controller just because of CFA i wish i had got a ps3 though because RA is all the only gaming app i need and i have yet to see someone say they have it working

PS4 controller works fine on my iPad 3 iOS 8.4 with retroarch 1.0.0.2.1 - 1.3.4. follow the steps: 1- go this directory (/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch/configs) backup then delete the cfg files. 2-close all the apps and reboot your device. 3- I assume you have the latest controllers for all. go to controllers for all the enable it. choose ps4 then Manual. Choose led color, pick up any for example red. 4- select pair controller then wait until you see the search message then Press and hold the sharing and Ps buttons until the lightbar begins to strobe quick. If you see success message and might your controller still blinking just press the PS button to turn the led off. 5- select connect controller and wait for the searching message then press the PS button on your controller. the led will turn blue then red for example or any color you chose. 6- launch retroArch. Go input, input user 1 binds. finally try bind the keys. User 1 Analog to digital Type to left analog.

Notice that share and select buttons act as one button on new versions of Retroarch and don’t work on old one like 1.0.0.2.1 . so I use the right analog for the missing keys. enjoy your games :slight_smile: