Pspp core retroarch?

Upon loading a ROM with the psp core in retroarch, it throws an error of ppge_atlas.zim missing from the assets folder. if I click ok it works fine, however, i want to use my controller instead of using the mouse. The file is indeed there and I also copied over an updated version of the file from the emu’s website. Is any1 else getting this?

The dialog comes from stock PPSSPP. The correct location is system/PPSSPP

I get the same error message. Is the file ppge_atlas.zim needed? It was not included in the full RetroArch Nightly package (Windows x64).

Radius is correct.

Just download the source from the PPSSPP.org site http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

And download the source, then extract the assets folder in there you will have the ppge_atlas.zim file just copy and put then in under system/PPSSPP just the file (No assets directory) Launch then you are good to go.

Alright, thanks. Now I just wonder: Will this file add any missing functionality, or is having it in said folder just a way to prevent an error message?

[QUOTE=gaming24/7;21540]Alright, thanks. Now I just wonder: Will this file add any missing functionality, or is having it in said folder just a way to prevent an error message?[/QUOTE]

yes, the whole atlas files addresses controller functions, so for example if you pressed ok and let the game load your controller would not work, you might be able to get around that by re-mapping it inside of the game via RGUI menus, However with the file there it acts just like a normal psp emulator should. As this type of configuration where files need to be in a specific location, I just treat that psp atlas file like a bios file.

Im getting this with the latest 1.2.1 build of RA, i have the PPSSPP folder in the ‘Content’ Folder (replaced system folder?) but i still get the error message, any ideas?

Thats because they changed the folders where the emulator looks for files. Check your game content folder (the one where ur psp-isos are). In there u should have a ppsspp folder where zhe zim files go.

Kinda sneaky they change up stuff like that.

We didn’t change a thing. The PPSSPP bios goes into system, there was a bug with system dir resetting when loading from the commandline but it’s been fixed after 1.2.1.

PPSSPP folder layout did change a bit a while ago

It should look like this now:

. [FONT=Courier New]├── flash0 │** └── font │** ├── font.crc │** ├── font.sfv │** ├── gb3s1518.bwfon │** ├── imagefont.bin │** ├── jpn0.pgf │** ├── kr0.pgf │** ├── ltn0.pgf │** ├── ltn1.pgf │** ├── ltn10.pgf │** ├── ltn11.pgf │** ├── ltn12.pgf │** ├── ltn13.pgf │** ├── ltn14.pgf │** ├── ltn15.pgf │** ├── ltn2.pgf │** ├── ltn3.pgf │** ├── ltn4.pgf │** ├── ltn5.pgf │** ├── ltn6.pgf │** ├── ltn7.pgf │** ├── ltn8.pgf │** └── ltn9.pgf ├── lang │** ├── ar_AE.ini │** ├── az_AZ.ini │** ├── bg_BG.ini │** ├── ca_ES.ini │** ├── cz_CZ.ini │** ├── da_DK.ini │** ├── de_DE.ini │** ├── dr_ID.ini │** ├── en_US.ini │** ├── es_ES.ini │** ├── es_LA.ini │** ├── fa_IR.ini │** ├── fi_FI.ini │** ├── fr_FR.ini │** ├── gl_ES.ini │** ├── gr_EL.ini │** ├── he_IL.ini │** ├── he_IL_invert.ini │** ├── hu_HU.ini │** ├── id_ID.ini │** ├── it_IT.ini │** ├── ja_JP.ini │** ├── ko_KR.ini │** ├── lt-LT.ini │** ├── ms_MY.ini │** ├── nl_NL.ini │** ├── no_NO.ini │** ├── pl_PL.ini │** ├── pt_BR.ini │** ├── pt_PT.ini │** ├── README.md │** ├── ro_RO.ini │** ├── ru_RU.ini │** ├── sv_SE.ini │** ├── tg_PH.ini │** ├── th_TH.ini │** ├── tr_TR.ini │** ├── uk_UA.ini │** ├── vi_VN.ini │** ├── zh_CN.ini │** └── zh_TW.ini ├── ppge_atlas.zim ├── PPSSPP.crc ├── PPSSPP.sfv ├── PSP │** ├── PPSSPP_STATE │** ├── SAVEDATA │** │** └── ULUS10461DISGAEA000 │** │** ├── DATA.BIN │** │** ├── ICON0.PNG │** │** └── PARAM.SFO │** └── shaders │** ├── 4xhqglsl.fsh │** ├── 4xhqglsl.vsh │** ├── aacolor.fsh │** ├── aacolor.vsh │** ├── bloom.fsh │** ├── cartoon.fsh │** ├── cartoon.vsh │** ├── crt.fsh │** ├── defaultshaders.ini │** ├── fxaa.fsh │** ├── fxaa.vsh │** ├── grayscale.fsh │** ├── inversecolors.fsh │** ├── natural.fsh │** ├── natural.vsh │** ├── scanlines.fsh │** ├── sharpen.fsh │** ├── upscale_spline36.fsh │** ├── upscale_spline36.vsh │** └── vignette.fsh └── shaders ├── 4xhqglsl.fsh ├── 4xhqglsl.vsh ├── aacolor.fsh ├── aacolor.vsh ├── bloom.fsh ├── cartoon.fsh ├── cartoon.vsh ├── crt.fsh ├── defaultshaders.ini ├── fxaa.fsh ├── fxaa.vsh ├── grayscale.fsh ├── inversecolors.fsh ├── natural.fsh ├── natural.vsh ├── scanlines.fsh ├── sharpen.fsh ├── upscale_spline36.fsh ├── upscale_spline36.vsh └── vignette.fsh

[/FONT]