PSTV Suggested Core List wrong

im a noob on a PSTV and cant get past the suggested core list to start a game. Retroarch shows many cores in Load Cores but when i load content or select a scanned game some small list of cores comes up. Atari Commodore, DOS, that’s it. They don’t play anything. Where is the larger list? I used the download function to get a few cores right in Retroarch. They are unzipped and in System folder. They do not show up in suggested core list. I added new bios to Retroarchs system folder as well. I cannot find any tutorial or video that explains this. In video tutorials they simply start playing after loading content or selecting scanned rom. There is no Suggested Cores List that pops up. I’m going nuts, why aren’t all the cores coming up to select one in order to start a game??

1 Like

It depends on the file extension and is defined in the core info file.

What is the file you are trying to run?

anything. iso, bin, cue, n64 etc. Sometimes there is a core in Suggested Core list that looks like it will work, but then crashes and get C2-12828-1 error, and I cant restart Retroarch. Rebooting doesnt do anything so i delete the retroarch folder in data folder, and copy a fresh folder back on. I havent gotten a single ROM to work.