PSX Beetle HW resolution Crash

Any time I try to increase the resolution, it instantly crashes Retroarch. Can someone help? I don’t want to play the games at the original 1X resolution

Here’s the crash report if it helps… and also, Windows 7 X64

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: retroarch.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 30013205 Fault Module Name: mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 590f5178 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000000000002dc6 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8ce6 Additional Information 2: 8ce63306dc2d6433ffc26ea9e245eeb7 Additional Information 3: f814 Additional Information 4: f814ebb126dfdf0a8e152230ab3c4832

Can you get us a verbose RetroArch log?

Launch from command line with --menu --verbose --log-file=log.txt and then paste those contents somewhere like pastebin and post a link here.

–menu is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file

Those have to be added onto the normal retroarch CLI invocation. Here’s the long explanation:

open your RetroArch directory and shift+right-click in an empty spot and select “open command window here”. Then, type in: retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose --log-file=log.txt Do whatever you need to do to produce the crash behavior and then go check the log.txt file and paste its contents somewhere like pastebin and then post a link to it here.

I am having the same crash on W7x64, but I can’t start retroarch with logging enabled. Command line keeps giving me an input parsing error.

Both Retroarch and the core should be set to Vulkan (or opengl/gl depending on what you’re using)

Note that a crash also means that the change doesn’t get saved.

I have a somewhat similar problem with Win7/64 and this core. All set to Vulkan (Retroarch & core) and the PSX game runs fine at 1x res. If i try to access the menu (while the game is running) or manually increase the res above 1x by editing the config, Retroarch crashes!

I tried many different AMD drivers… still no solution.

Vulkan straight up crashes on core load for beetle HW for me, so I can only load in OGL. Any ideas on how to get logging to work? I am on an Nvidia card and am fairly certain I have the most up to date vulkan runtimes.

Did what you said and got this

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Fatal Error recieved in; “retroarch_parse_input<>” REtroArch [ERROR] :: This core requires a content file

I get the same error

oof, my mistake: looks like it’s --log-file log.txt instead of --log-file=log.txt

log is too big for pastebin

here’s a link to the log.

And the Vulkan Log

(Using a GTX 980 and it says device doesn’t support something???)

Here’s mine from pastebin

I scanned through it, and I couldn’t find anything valuable, but you might know better than I do

https://pastebin.com/VRjKsDQB

Also, I’m using GTX 650

[EDIT] - Could it maybe be an nvidia thing? Like, maybe by increasing the resolution of the game, it’s actually trying to increase our desktop resolutions above the maximum?

I can’t get PCSX-R to even load the game. Command window gives “Error loading GPUinit:: Not supported” “Failed to load plugins”

I figured out if I set the resolution before hand in the core-options.cfg file. It doesn’t crash. Same with the texture filtering, which also crashes if I try to change it in game.

This is in OpenGL btw too.

Also: What is the Software Framebuffer option for?

Now the issue is, at 4k. The game loads up with the proper aspect ratio and scaled ok. But as soon as I change any settings in the menu it turns into this

If I turn off Integer scaling it comes back to If I turn Integer scaling back on, it turns back into the middle option

I think I figured out, that for some reason the core reports the game as being 1x scaling at 640x480, which is clearly wrong. Taking a screenshot comes out 480p and it is plainly visible it is 240p line doubled.

EDIT: I just figured out, that if if I start it up and don’t change any options. It uses 240p correctly. If i change anything in the Beetle HW options, it changes the internal 1x res to 480p for some reason.

Re ARMED is for things like cell phones that use .ARM files