PSX Core crashes all the time

Hello there,

I tried to run the Mednafen Core for PSX and everytime i load the ISO Retroarch crashes. the correct path to the bios files is set. but when i check the core information it still says there are missing.

What can i do??

Thanks

You’ve got a few issues. 1.) mednafen-psx doesn’t run ISOs, only bin/cue 2.) your BIOS files are either in the wrong place, not named correctly or wrong checksum. You need exactly the right files with exactly the right name. possible 3.) Once you get your images in bin/cue, many cue sheets were created on Windows, which uses a case-insensitive filesystem, so you might have to modify the cue to match your BIN file name/path.

And where do it get the exact bios files with the exact checksum? and why is PCSX totally fine with everything?

It’s a different emulator, it’s just the way it is. http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX#Usage

Ok, i managed to obtain scph5500 and 5501 with the correct checksum. but i cant find scph5502.bin with the desired checksum… can you email me that bios file ??? would be nice… please write me a private message… thanks

EDIT: Got all bios files.

the missing 5502 is a 5552. just renamed it.

BIOS files are copyrighted, so we can’t provide them and we ask that nobody publicly pass them around. Don’t copy that floppy! :wink:

ok, i edited my posting.