Psx disk image append issue

Hi~ I am using retropie Ver 4.2 on the raspberry pi 3 model B. When I play playstation 1 multi disk games ( for example Metal gear solid ). I can’t not change the disk. because the disk image file is not shown on the list.

when I need to change the disk , I goto retroarch menu-> quick menu->diskcontrol->diskimage append-> and then go to the folder where the disk image file is located. (for example home/pi/retropie/roms/psx ) I know that the disk image file is there. but it isn’t displayed on the screen. it only shows .zip files. ( .cue , .ccd , .iso , .img files are not shown.) My retroarch version is 1.5.0 and emulator is pcsx-rearmed r22 .

when I use recalbox 4.0.2 on my raspberry pi 3 , it was working fine. but after I change to retropie 4.2 , this happened.

can anyone help me please?

Having a similar issue with disk swapping, did you ever get this resolved?

I’m using ReroArch v1.7.0 on Linux Mint 18.3 (x64) PCSX ReARMed Core…

When I get to the ‘Insert Disk 2’ point on MGS, the disk index is stuck on 1, no other option, flip the disk tray and go back to the game to get it to say ‘Press Start when disk is inserted’ or whatever… then try to ‘Append Disk’ browse to my Disc 2 and tried both the .bin and the .cue but it just restarts the core and lumps me at the screen as if I had just started disc 2 stand-alone…

Both disk 1 and 2 files (.bin and .cue) are in the same directory, this one has me beat… (to the point I created an account and necro’d the only relevant thread on this forum to try and get some help) :frowning:

You can try making an m3u playlist (just a plain text file that has the cue files listed one per line) and try loading that instead. You’ll need to rename your save file to match the m3u instead of the first disk, though.

People have also had good luck with renaming their save file to match the second disk once the first disk is completed and just load it up fresh (i.e., close out of the first disk and then launch the second disk with the renamed save file; it should pick it up as the appropriate save).

Thanks @hunterk, could you kindly confirm for me whether the m3u playlist is supported by PCSX ReARMed? - I tried to get a clear answer on this online though there are too many references to other cores (Medafen?) which blur the lines or at least confuse me! (Not difficult!)

I did try renaming the save file first and although this does present the save when I load Disk 2 up, loading the save game unfortunately prompts me to ‘Enter Disk 1’ despite being literally at the point of ‘Enter second disk’

I’ll check out the m3u process and see if that helps nudge me along, thanks again!

I believe it does. I haven’t actually used it personally, though. Another option is to make a single-file PBP by merging all of the disks into one. You can then cycle disks by going to the disk options, open the tray, close the menu, let the game run for a few seconds, go back into the menu, close the tray, close the menu and it should see it as having inserted the next disk. (someone used this exact process in discord today, so I’m pretty sure it works fine).