PSX EMULATION Help w/ Cores on Mac OS X

Greetings everyone, this is my first post on these boards, and I don’t know much of the lingo/history/compatibility so please bear with me… :slight_smile:

I currently use RetroArch on my jailbroken iphone 5 and it works like a charm, except my manual save files never end up saving…[I read somewhere there is a “proper” way to exit retro on ios devices to preserve your manual saves…]. I use the PCSX-reArmed core because mednafen lags a lot. The support for save states is nice too [due to the problem above].

Currently I’ve downloaded RetroArch OSX [both 1.0.0.2 and the .3 beta [which I’m using atm]] and every time I load up a psx game through PCSX-reArmed retroarch immediately crashes and closes the program. I don’t know what to do at this point… Mednafen works fine on the mac, but not on the iphone and vice versa for PCSX-reArmed

I guess the problem can be solved if:

a) I learn how to get my manual saves to actually stick on ios so i can transfer them between PCSX-reArmed on ios and mednafen on osx for at home gaming

or

b) figure out why pcsx-rearmed isn’t working at all.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile: I hope I was as clear as possible.

PCSX-ReARMed is ARM-specific, so it’s not appropriate for running on OS X, as you’ve found. You should use Mednafen-PSX there instead. You’re correct about the “right” way to exit, which is by using the ‘quit retroarch’ option in the in-game RGUI menu. There’s also an option to auto-write the SRAM to file every few seconds, which should help. Just make sure you have read/write permissions to whichever directory your SRAM saves are going to.

Awesome, Mednafen for OS X, understood. And is SRAM is basically the actual “memory card” saves?

Yeah, it’s the same thing, we just run as much as possible through our *.srm interface to keep it consistent.