PSX - full list of games playable in wide-screen

Hey guys,

I am polishing my collection and have decided to create game config files for all games playable in wide-screen either with native wide-screen support or working well with wide-screen hacks or cheats.

I have found a lot of resource for other consoles on the net especially from warped polygon on YouTube but struggling to find a list of tested and approved wide-screen compatible PSX games (with no pop in , weird things happening). I could only find a small list of games with native wide-screen support.

If anyone has a link please share :sunny:

I am using Beetle PSX HW if that matters.

Cheers!

There are two types of widescreen support for SD (4:3) resolution: anamorphic and letterbox, and there are many classic systems that support it.

You have this list from gamepilgrimage and this one from mobygames with some more, but there are quite a few more missing.

Note that many games with anamorphic support do not work well with hack-wide.

I made a list of N64 and I solved it in the following way, instead of changing them one by one, I put them all inside a “wide” folder, so as not to link them with the hack-wide ones.
The only drawback I see is that the option is in the main menu and cannot be saved as kernel options for that folder.

1 Like