Psx games not responsive to controller and n64 issues

I’m sure I must be missing something.

i’m running retroarch on both a lubuntu 17.10 laptop, and also tried on lakka (live usb on the same laptop) as well, and am having the same controller issues on each

I’m using a generic psx duel shock style controller, which works fine in the menus (and for snes games) But psx games won’t respond to it at all. i’ve loaded the bios’s, and the games themselves run, it’s as if no controller is connected. I’m using both beetle cores, and have the same result with both

with n64, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time trying to play 007 goldeneye, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time with n64, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time trying to play 007 goldeneye, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time

hope that makes sense. with n64, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time trying to play 007 goldeneye, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time with n64, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time trying to play 007 goldeneye, the d-pad and the Analogue stick (linked to the n64 stick) control each other (as in if i push forward on either, it will both move me forward, a and make the camera look down at the same time

I’m sure I must me missing some obvious setting somewhere? could it be a faulty controller?

is this post a typo?

anyways this behavior seems like you are using older version of retroarch. try to update, update joypad autoconfigs too. if that stil does not work, fromt he controls option try to swith to any controls available(sometimes reselecting the default controller also works)

thanks for that, I had installed the latest from the stable ppam, but tried the unstable ppa to see if it made a difference. I’ve got psx games to work now, I suspect it was the skip bios option rather than updating to a more recent version, as when i turned it off, i got the same old behaviour.

still having n64 issues though, the analog stick and d pad seem locked together (as in, you push up on the D pad, it is as if you have also pushed up on the stick as well), i’ve double checked the controller settings in the mupen64 settings and they seem right, not sure what could be the issue there

sorry not an n64 player here so not sure whats goin on there atm…

I made a rookie mistake, thought I’d post here in case it helps someone

the issue was i had analogue mode turned off when i first mapped my controller. I turned on analogue mode on my controller, remapped my controls, and it works as expected :slight_smile:

1 Like