PSX games not starting in Retroarch

Hi everyone. I’m running retroarch through Launchbox. I’ve been playing PSX games using the Medafan core and it’s been working fine the last couple of months. However I just did the new Launchbox update and now when I try my PSX roms I get a run time error. I tried my SNES and mame roms and they’re running fine but it seems the PSX roms aren’t working. Not sure if it was the Launchbox new update?

I also updated to the newest version of Retroarch and am getting the same problems

That’s usually caused by missing BIOS. If it was working fine before, your system/bios directory probably got changed/reset. A verbose log would help narrow it down.

I had a look and my bios files are all sitting in the System folder

SCPH5500 SCPH5501 SCPH5502

So not sure if there’s an issue with that?

One thing I did notice, 2 games in my folder (the folder is within Launchbox) are working. Weirdly enough these 2 games files are unzipped and sitting in the games folder. Where as the games that aren’t working are all still zipped up. Usually the zip files games work but not now. Also when I try to run the zip games, I noticed that there are then a CCD file sitting in the folder (ie - DragonBall Z - Ultimate Battle 22.ccd) I’ve no idea what the hell a CCD files is though.

A ccd is like a cue sheet. I don’t know why it would be creating them if they weren’t there already… I guess the first thing to try would be to unzip one of those non-working ROMs and see if it starts working. If so, maybe something is wonky with our decompression code.

Gave unzipping one of the unworking games a go but that didn’t work.

The only other thing I’ve done to my computer recently is updating my video card drivers. But not sure if that could cause the error.