Psx Help

hi guys I need some setup help since I seem to be doing something wrong.

I own Minix Neo Z64A ( Android ) its powered by the Intel chip so its x86

I can run Sega games megadrive and master system just fine and snes but here comes the problem

PlayStation one games wont load at all I have the Bios files scph5500.bin scph5501.bin scph5501.bin ( the 5501 file is a renamed 7703 since the checksum match ) I have the system settings pointed at roms folder. I have tried Bin/Cue files and Img files with Zero luck even a Ios dump from the orginal img to a bin/cue wont work and a unedited bin/cue and a edited bin/cue and I have tested using a simple line like test.bin and nothing

Sega Cd is the same following your wiki having the according bios named bios_CD_U.bin and the test CD sonic CD wont load from Bin or Cue file.

N64 games wont load also

I have used google play store version and the Nightly builds.

I borrowed my friends Minix neo x8-h plus wich is Arm and playstation games don’t work using Mednafen psx but do work using pcsx rearmed core

on the X8-h Sega CD and N64 don’t work also using NIghtly.

Thank you for taking your time reading that thinks its best I include as much info as possible

I normally set a custom directory for system files where I put all the bios files for all the console emulators that require them. Have you tried that?

The bios filenames are case sensitive, check core information for which files are missing

Hey thanks for the reply guys yes I have set a custom directory for the Bios already.

yes I have followed the Retroarch setup at wiki and made sure I had the correct case and spelling for all bios.

still cant get the playstation core to load on my box I guess its a issue with the x64 on android as the other box plays it fine il wait for the issues to be addressed in the mean time il stick to using FPSE for my playstation needs but Sega and snes work awesome/

I would love to see C64 emulation added to this being one of my fav systems ever

Strange, I’m loading the Mednafen-psx core just fine with my game images on my Shield TV. I’m also able to load Sega CD images using the Genplus or Picodrive emulators. You could try re-ripping the game images to make sure it’s not an issue with the game image. Also, what is your directory structure to your game images and bios files?

If it’s only with disk images, make sure your cue files are case-sensitive. Many were created on/for Windows, which is case-insensitive. Spaces in names can also be problematic.

The easiest way to see if this is your issue is to rename one of them to test.bin (no spaces, all lower-case) and then open the cue sheet in a text editor and change everything to match.

the android system I am running has a X86 cpu I think that’s the issue.

my games are stored on SD card and its set in Retroarch and I have tried putting the bios in system folder and with the games also in their own file named Bios with it set in custome directory.

I have moved the files from the hard drive back to sd card and I have tried USB.

if you read my earlier post you will see I have redone all my images and edited the Cue files already and have tried naming them test.bin.

when I try and load the game it says No supported Cores if I select core then load content it just goes black screen and back to retroarch.

I have tried: bin/cue , ecm files the same games run on FPSE perfectly fine and on expse just seem to have the issue with Retroarch I have read there is iusses with Intel cpu x86 on android system since android apps use Arm I belive that’s the issue