PSX is now Crashing on launch

Feel like I’m repeating myself but now the medna PSX core is crashing on launching iso’s (via cue sheet) I’ve had to reinstall Retroarch this morning. Done the usual. Setting up RA, downloading cores. Now it’s crashing the same thing happen with the jaguar core last week. Driving me insane.

Just tried an old nightly core and now it works so whatever is changing core wise is starting to break the stable 1.22 release. Maybe a seperate core updater is needed for the stable over nightly. I’m going through the Jaguar cores to see which works now

Im using stable release 1.2.2 (x64) on windows. I only have a few psx isos to test but they seem to work fine (laoding via cue sheet), The rest of my collection is bin/cue and they seem fine too.

Ive never had a nightly build (or nightly core) installed though, just whatever the 1.2.2 release pulled in with the updater.

stupid question, but you do have the bios downloaded and put in the right place right?

I had to manually set the bios dir in RA’s config, the default setting wasnt picking them up in the system dir for me

Can see if bios are loading properly by loading a core then going to Information>Core Information

The updater always–including 1.2.2–pulls in nightly cores.

Can you get us a log of the crash? Launch from command line with --menu --verbose.

[QUOTE=hunterk;28920]The updater always–including 1.2.2–pulls in nightly cores.

Can you get us a log of the crash? Launch from command line with --menu --verbose.[/QUOTE]

If you have a stable release but the main core component is pulled from beta then you’re going to hit problems. Not a good system. Is the original core components that released with 1.22 et al not available?

Well I grabbed the Medna PSX core from 1/10 and that worked. Anything after that does not. I tried all the Jag cores. Some behave like they are going to work and then stop. I’ve given up with that.

RetroArch/libretro lives in git. The “stable” releases are really just git snapshots from a day when we decide to launch.

There have only been ~5 commits to that core since Oct 1, so I’ll check to see if the issues are reproducible. If so, it should be easy enough to track down.

Should be fixed now. Regarding stable cores, we would get less feedback if we had only manual built stable cores available (so breakage would take longer to fix) and we’re shorthanded anyway.

[QUOTE=Radius;28951]Should be fixed now. Regarding stable cores, we would get less feedback if we had only manual built stable cores available (so breakage would take longer to fix) and we’re shorthanded anyway.[/QUOTE]

Im afraid it is not fixed, im using latest retroarch windows 32 bits version, 1.2.2, downloaded mednafen psx core using retroarch core updater and retroarch always crashed when i tried to run any psx game in bin and cue format, but i replaced the mednafen core with the one found in this rar containing the cores from retroarch 1.0.0 version: http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/archive/stable/win-x86/Cores-v1.0.0.2-32bit.zip And it worked, retroarch now runs psx games in bin and cue format, so there is a problem when downloading mednafen psx core using core updater in 1.2.2 version because that core does not work.

It is fixed in windows x64, not sure about the x86 core as those are only there for legacy reasons, I haven’t tested those in a loooooong time but if the 1.0.0.2 core works and the new one doesn’t I would assume it’s a bios issue since the required BIOS changed between versions