Psx lines in the graphics

Hello, when I turn on the enhanced graphics option lines appeared and some walls go see through but it only happens on one game. When I turn it off the lines disappear but the graphics are a lot worse. and the music is a high pitched squeal. I have 4 different bios. I am using an IPad mini 2. Any ways to fix this will be appreciated.

It would be helpful to know which game does it, so others can try to reproduce.

It does it in doom ps1. it seems to only be the menu screen music that squeals when you are playing the game it is fine, but there are lots of black lines/ see through walls.

Edit- sorted the music out, just forgot to put a couple files in. if anyone can help with the black lines/see through walls when the enhanced graphic setting is on that would be great. dont know if this will help?

do you have the enhanced resolution speed hack turned on also? that sometimes corrupts graphics. most games it’s ok but i’ve seen what you mean in doom.

I have tried it on and off but it’s still got the lines and see through walls.

I’ve read that Doom engine games on the PS1 don’t upscale well in any emulator so you get problems like those lines. You’d be better off finding a stand alone port of Doom for IOS or maybe using the PrBoom core. Not sure if that core works on IOS, but if it’s there you can check the wiki on how to get it running: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=PrBoom

Thanks. prBoom shows up on the list. it said I need the prboom.wad bios can I just rename an old bios and put it in the retroarch folder?

Try this one.

What folder do I put the wad into? I downloaded it and put it in the retroarch folder but it just crashes after I click on the game.

I think it needs to go into the system/BIOS directory or alongside your other wads.

Ohh so I need a separate wad for doom instead of the normal .bin files? Are the wad files games that other people have made? I can’t seem to find the ps1 version of doom in a wad file.

Is there a reason you want to run the PSX version, specifically, rather than the PC version, since the PSX version is just a (somewhat crummy) port? That is, the differences seem pretty minor, based on this video:

I used to play the psx version when I was little and so did my dad, so it’s sort of a nostalgia thing. i also prefer the sounds/music and it’s creepier than the pc version. :slight_smile: i have been searching for the wad file but I can’t find it anywhere, I found the pc ultimate doom wad but the graphics are the same as the .bin version, I thought prBoom was supposed to make it look better?

k, that’s reasonable. I still like to play SF2:T on SNES, despite it being inferior to the CPS1 version in pretty much every way. :slight_smile:

prboom is just a source port of the Doom 1 engine. It doesn’t do anything to the graphics in and of itself.

:smiley: it would probably be easier to buy an old tv and play doom off that. :stuck_out_tongue:

oh for real psx doom is so, so much better than other versions IMO :slight_smile: the music, sound and lighting make it so much scarier. plus the ps controller seems like it was designed to play doom. love it!