PSX Mednafen/Beetle Crash

I’m trying to play a PSX game within Mednafen or Beetle, but every time I attempt to play a game, it crashes as soon as I select a PSX game. I currently have several version of the file (.bin/cue, .ccd/.sub/.img, .7z, .rar, .zip) I’m not sure if it is within my settings, or if I have attained bad copies of the game. I’ve tried many different rom sites and doubt I would get a bad copy from each. When loading up Retroarch through the terminal, I get these errors.

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Implementation uses threaded audio. Cannot use rewind..
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening file No such file or directory
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening CD.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load content.

I’ve tried messing with the config, and have also deleted it to put it back to default. Can’t seem to figure this one out. Any ideas? I’m using Linux Mint 17.2.

Thanks.

My first guess is a malformed cue sheet. Most of these were written on/for Windows, which is case-insensitive, so the emulator can’t find the all-caps (or poorly escaped) bin file described therein. So, try opening up one of your cue sheets and changing the bin path to something very simple, like ‘test.bin’ all lower-case and without any spaces. Rename the actual bin file to match and then give it another shot.

The names matched up, but changed them both to test.bin to try it anyway. Im starting to think the cue/bin is a bad copy. Retroarch isn’t recognizing them as a PSX file, the core’s that show up are Atari, Gameboy, Genesis, Nes and VB. Am I able to do anything with the IMG file’s such as extract and make my own cue/bin or ccd/sub?

Thanks.

That sounds like you’re trying to load the bin file rather than the cue. Mednafen-psx only loads cue sheets, not the bins directly.

I tried loading them all, figured it wouldn’t hurt. I ended up getting it to work after using a different rom source. Not sure why the others didn’t work. Think I must have used 4 or 5 different places.

I am having similar problem. I have all bios for beetle in system folder, checked checked and re checked spelling/caps etc. Tried multiple Playstation games, with cue folders, written cue folders to fit, Each time I try to load a cue, approx 10 seconds of black screen, then dumps and reloads.

What am I doing wrong? I’m running mini laptop, maybe not powerful enough?? Running Lakka Linux

Do you have the settings pointing to the correct BIOS folder? Have you tried starting it with the terminal to give you an error log?