PSX Mednafen HW core crashes upon loading ISO image (RA 1.3.6.)

I have the BIOS folder configured, using the GL API in the Driver setting, and loading a CUE file (Breath of Fire IV), and when I load, I see a white screen, then a crash. Below is the log file I dumped on Pastebin for the sake of saving space

http://pastebin.com/J2uFEejS

No idea why it’s not working, when the blog entry and other people state it to be working Shrug Any advice or tips?

You’re using the GL renderer, which has some issues that aren’t present in the Vulkan renderer. If you have a Vulkan-compatible GPU, try changing the renderer core option to Vulkan and then go to settings > driver and change the video driver to vulkan. Make sure you don’t have any shaders active and then restart RetroArch. It might treat you better then.

But the Vulkan API crash cores like Glupen64, so I want to use that I have to change APIs in the settings, no? Ugh, I’ll give it a shot, but I’m not having high hopes.

Edit: And I’m a f*cking idiot, Vulkan works with PSX but not Glupen64

Right, Vulkan works with Vulkan cores but GL cores require GL. It’s a drag, I know, but it is what it is. Hopefully, simias will be able to get the PSX GL renderer up to parity with the Vulkan one soon, so you can at least just use GL for all of it.

Gah, even so, I still feel like a freaking moron, sorry :frowning: