Psx roms : Failed to load content / Failed to set last used disc

Hello i am new with Retroarch, and it is working fine with most of cores / content.

The problem comes when trying to play playstation roms …

I have tried with both cores “Beetle PSX HW” & “PCSX Rearmed” , but none of them is loading any game.

With some cores Beetle psx hw gives error message “Failed to set last used disk” and PCSX rearmed gives error message “failed to load content”

But with other cores (All them are CUE) it load the “playstation intro screen” but then it stays at the “disk screen” (I dont know the name for that screen, its like an audio cd)

I have bios scph1001.bin , scph5500.bin , scph5501.bin & scph5502.bin in system folder …

Does someone knows where can be the problem??

Thanks!

Since you’re booting into the BIOS, those are obviously working as intended. This usually indicates that there’s a problem with your ROMs. The most common culprit is bad cue sheets, so open your cue(s) with a text editor and make sure the files it calls out exist and are named correctly.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

I seems that cue sheets are right. I made as you said and the text looks similar to the file name:

CUE text : FILE “Grand Theft Auto 2 [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00789].bin.ecm” BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00

File name: Grand Theft Auto 2 [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00789].bin.ecm

I downloaded and installed EPSX emulator , and all 3 roms are working without any problem with it, but not with Retroarch.

I will try to download some else roms, and see if Retroarch can load them…

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

*.bin.ecm is a compressed image that RetroArch does not support. If you want to compress your discs, you need to use CHD format.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like this is the problem, the format of the roms. i have downloaded two new roms which are “bin + cue” (Not bin.cue) and retroarch play them without any problem.

As you said, .bin.ecm is not supported , same for .bin.cue , .ccd and .sub (but they are working with ePSX emulator, when used without Retroarch)

I didnt know about it, i just downloaded some ps1 roms from some sites and i thought the problem was a wrong setting of Retroarch.

Thank you for your great help!

1 Like

hello my dear, the solution are very easy when you extract the compressed file of game you’ll find a bin. files load the bin file instead of cue my discord : coldzero1189#2226 snap : coldzero1189 youtube : ColdZero1189 tiktok : coldzero1189